Question

Top Student
Beck10
Message 1 of 4 (190 Views)

Windows 8 is better than 8.1

I love my hp laptop. Envy ts 17.  The windows 8 operating system is much nicer than the 8.1 system I have on it.  I would like to uninstall 8.1 And install 8.  I need directions.  also I have ample storage and do not use the cloud or skydrive.  I plan to start online classes soon and need to resolve this issue,

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)

Re: Windows 8 is better than 8.1

Hi,

Please try the following method:

http://wind8apps.com/uninstall-windows-8-1/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Beck10
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)

Thank you for the help. My system, win 8.1 is an original factory install. I suppose all I can do is to wait for an update that returns the Win 8 features. I am very disappointed with this system. Please keep me posted. Thanks
Top Student
Beck10
Message 4 of 4 (116 Views)

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

I have talked with Micrsoft Tech.  She has told me I can install Windows 8 from a disc.  This installation will overwrite the Windows 8.1 os I have on my new Hp Envy 17 Touchsmart Computer.  Of course this program does cost $119.00 and with the cost of the computer being $1200.00 this is a little pricy.  However I am thrilled to have the system.

Thank you for your assitance

Beck10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation