06-07-2014 05:08 PM
I have an HP Envy 23 Touchsmart All-In-One, model 23-d034. Hard disk just died and I'm installing a new one. Where can I find the Windows 8 product key so I can re-install Windows?
06-07-2014 05:28 PM
The product key is encrypted in the BIOS, and you either have to use the HP recovery disks or a W8 OEM installation file to reinstall the operating system.
06-08-2014 10:29 AM
To order recovery media for your model, click on the link below and then click to expand the line labeled Order Recovery Media.
Then click the More Details button to order.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)