Question

Honor Student
gabbygoo
Message 1 of 3 (539 Views)

Windows 8 really SUCKS!

[ Edited ]

I took advantage of a Windows 8 upgrade offer, which was unbelievably inexpensive, to get up-to-date from my old Vista system several months ago and I am still struggling trying to learn to use it.  My IT guy and his whole computer company also found it inefficient and difficult to learn.  They went back to their old system. My daughter works in a well known attorney's office and they are in the process of trying to remove it; my daughter said it is driving their IT guys and gals crazy.  More and more  companies are struggling with it and then struggle to remove it.  I am there.  I use the computer as a working tool transcribing medical reports and my quantity of production has decreased  by 90% (no exaggeration).  Soon, I will lose my job of 24 years if I  can't remove it. So many people have written about this offering sure fire ways to remove it (65,000 when last checked) but which one will do the trick and not get me further engulfed in this sucking system? I have not seen one favorable  blog about this system other than it has pretty  colors. Everybody who wants to remove it should  be allowed to and this is what I don't understand.  Please post easy and accurate instructions on how to decapitate this system as this is what the public wants. {Content Removed}  Meanwhile, I think I will buy a Mac.  Very disappointed in your company after being with you from the beginning, gabbygoo

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (505 Views)

Re: Windows 8 really SUCKS!

[ Edited ]

Since you gave us absolutely zero information about what model PC you have, all I can tell you is to puchase a set of recovery disks for your model PC, and those will reinstall Vista on your PC.

If you want to upgrade to W7, you can get a Home Premium OEM edition of W7 32 or 64 bit for around $99.00.

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 3 of 3 (496 Views)

Re: Windows 8 really SUCKS!

You may be able to buy Recovery Discs for your Notebook from this company:

Computer Surgeons HP Recovery Center

Computer Surgeons charge only a bit more than the nominal fee charged by HP and they carry many OS recovery discs for vintage systems.

You will want to make a straight copy of your personal data, as much as you can before doing this -- the Recovery will wipe out everything.  Make a couple of copies and put everything on a couple of USB flash drives.  Back up everything you think you will want this time -- it is hard to backtrack when you do not make backups ahead of time and then find yourself in a situation like you have now.

Good Luck.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation