Question

Intern
Menhem
Message 1 of 3 (818 Views)

Windows 8 won't boot

Hello.

Last night i Upgraded windows 7 to windows 8. Everything went good and after the installation everything worked. Today I turned on the laptop and nothing was wrong. Then I closed the lid on it because I had to go, but as soon as I came back and opened again it started running but the screen was just black. Then I turned it off by pressing the on/off button. I turned it on again but nothing happened. The computer begins to run but I only get a black screen. I don't get any logo or anything but only a black screen. I installed Windows 8 through the download software so I have no DVD.

I have an HP Pavilion g-6 1004eo laptop
Intern
Menhem
Message 2 of 3 (807 Views)

Re: Windows 8 won't boot

Hello again.

It now works fine again, but why in the world did I face this problem? And what can I do to prevent this from heppening again?

Grad Student
Deerick
Message 3 of 3 (800 Views)

Re: Windows 8 won't boot

Hi

Take off your battery and your Ac Adapter.

Press the button power for 60 seconds.

Put on just the Ac Adapter.

In the place that you plug the Ac Adapter the light is on?

If yes. Try power on your computer.

If not, your computer need to repair Mother Board you test your Ac Adapter and this fine right?

Caps Lock flash or any LED flash or nothing? If Caps Lock Flash is a Hardware Problem.

If in the place that you plug the Ac Adapeter the light is off, try test another Ac Adapter.

If this answer help you click in Kudos to tanks.
If you don't have more question click in Accept as Solution to close this case.

Best Regards Cristian Derick.
Senior Support Analyst.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation