12-27-2013 04:50 PM
Received HP Pavilion for Christmas; came with Windows 8. I updated to Windows 8.1
Am I correct that since I am using Windows Defender I should UNINSTALL the trial version of Norton Internet Security that was preloaded on my PC?
Is Defender the only program I should be running for security?
Solved! View Solution.
12-27-2013 07:17 PM
That is correct, but you need the special Norton uninstaller tool to uninstall Norton.
The Microsoft Defender program is the only antivirus/antispyware program you need.
12-28-2013 08:04 AM
After I UNINSTALLED Norton using the link you provided and then ran the HP Security check through HP Support Assistant, I am warned that
1. my virus protection is OFF and
2. my Protection against spyware and unwanted application is OFF
The other items (i.e., Network firewall, Windows Update, Internet Security Settings, User Account Control) are marked as being ON.
Should I have those 2 items turned ON? If so, how do I do that?
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)