Question

Honor Student
NewUserQuestion
Message 1 of 2 (4,742 Views)

Windows Live Movie Maker can't recognize built in cam and mic?

When I went to use my Windows Live Movie Maker and when I use "Webcam Video" it says 

original.jpg

I go to the Options, click on Webcam and the only option I have is HP Webcam-101. I tried their help guide   but it's not a external camera, but tried what they said and nothing worked/nothing was available.

The Microphone doesn't work either, and the only option for sound with my webcam is my speakers or my microphone. I don't understand how I can record sound through my speakers.

The problem with my microphone has not only been affecting my use of Movie Maker, but affects my use of video chat on MSN messenger. My webcam works with MSN messenger, but not Movie Maker. My mic doesn't work with either.

I've been told to uninstall and restart my computer, I tried that and even though it was uninstalled it didn't update itself and it was magicly there when I went to look under Device Manager.

Does anyone have a solution?

Student
weldermandan200
Message 2 of 2 (4,597 Views)

Re: Windows Live Movie Maker can't recognize built in cam and mic?

NewUserQuestion wrote:

When I went to use my Windows Live Movie Maker and when I use "Webcam Video" it says 

original.jpg

I go to the Options, click on Webcam and the only option I have is HP Webcam-101. I tried their help guide   but it's not a external camera, but tried what they said and nothing worked/nothing was available.

The Microphone doesn't work either, and the only option for sound with my webcam is my speakers or my microphone. I don't understand how I can record sound through my speakers.

The problem with my microphone has not only been affecting my use of Movie Maker, but affects my use of video chat on MSN messenger. My webcam works with MSN messenger, but not Movie Maker. My mic doesn't work with either.

I've been told to uninstall and restart my computer, I tried that and even though it was uninstalled it didn't update itself and it was magicly there when I went to look under Device Manager.

Does anyone have a solution?

my solution was simple i experimented  and was successful  i was very shocked believe me 

simply download windows movie maker 2.6 vista from cnet or somewhere that works then here's hard part get a copy of moviemk file from windows xp version copy it too usb... Run windows moviemaker 2.6 for vista on windows 7  then open folder find moviemk file replace it with the one from windows xp and let computer install updates restart and check it out the first hack i ever made?? it works fine for me i'm unbelievable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation