Windows Ultimate 7 Suddenly Not Genuine (1423 Views)
Tutor
TechBrain
Message 1 of 6 (1,423 Views)

Windows Ultimate 7 Suddenly Not Genuine

I have HP Pavilion dv4-1225ee Entertainment Notebook PC (Windows 7 Ultimate x32 Genuine but not original, because I formatted my laptop, it was Windows Vista x32)
I had many problems with it such as recovery failure, and then I had to change the HDD to repair it forever...

anyway, it had been ok for 1 month (after formatting) and yesterday it was fine, I was installing software for HP that I downloaded from the HP website

and today I saw an error message at the lower right of the black screen and NOT the Windows image (above the notification area of the taskbar) :::

Windows 7

Build 7601

This copy of Windows is not genuine

I opened System Properties, scrolled down the page, and I saw that the Windows is not activated

I clicked to resolve the issue

I downloaded the package to validate the Windows

but at last, I found out that it needs money to be genuine... its NOT FAIR, my Windows was GENUINE, its just this awful laptop (I'm sorry to say that)

anyway, if this won't constitute a problem to my computer's booting up later, then its ok

but if it will, then PLEASE HELP

I saw that Microsoft Security Essentials (antivirus program warned me that it will be disable within 30 days if I don't activate my Windows)

and if I Create a Repair Disc, will it activate my windows?

I have spent money to repairing my HP laptop more than its price already

PEASE HELP ME !!! THANKS

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 6 (1,391 Views)

Re: Windows Ultimate 7 Suddenly Not Genuine

Unless you actually purchased a Windows 7 Ultimate product key, then what you are running now is a trial of W7. You can not use your Vista product key to activate W7. When Windows 7 was initially released there was a free upgrade package available from HP, but that is long over.

Creating a system repair disc will no activate Windows.

I am sorry, but if you have no W7 product key, you will have to buy one.

If you right click on Computer and go to Properties and on the bottom of that page where it says activate Windows now. Click on that and follow the links to but a key on line. This save a bit of money rather then purchasing a retail copy.

The other thing that causes this if if your date and time are incorrect.

Tutor
TechBrain
Message 3 of 6 (1,387 Views)

Sir Professor (Expert)

I'm not a genius in computers, but I have good knowledge, so I doubt if this Windows copy is a trail version

I'm not totally sure but I guess nd about 90% sure that its not a trail copy

the thing is its the laptop's problem, since the recovery failed when I was using Windows Vista by Recovery Manager

then problems came one followed by the other, I couldn't oder Recovery Discs and I didn't have ones,

so I reinstalled Vista (x64) but didn't last for 1 month without problems, then finally changed the HDD nd installed Windows 7 Ultimate (x32) which now is not genuine

can I write a product activation key ? that will fix this problem?

I have seen like 1000 cases on the internet that claim the same issue about Windows 7

some of them guess its trail and others are 100% sure that its genuine originally

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 4 of 6 (1,386 Views)

[ Edited ]

I will ask you a question, did you pay for a Windows 7 product key at any time ?  If you did and it's being used on another computer it can't be used on any other computers unless it was purchased as such.

No you can not write a W7 product key, that's illegal and Microsoft will eventually lock you out of the OS.

If you bought the product key from e-bay or any other questionable sources and it was very inexpensive, then I would say the key that you have was created with a key generator, e-bay is full of this.

Just so you know I don't work for HP, I am just some guy in Canada that helps where I can. :smileywink:

Tutor
TechBrain
Message 5 of 6 (1,380 Views)

ok, I appreciate your help

I have seen like 2 reports on this issue over the internet and they were resolved, just a bit difficult to achieve or understand

I will do them

I will try to fix this problem and NO I didn't buy the Windows product key from a website on the internet for inexpensive price, but as I said before I sent it to a professional to format it (after it failed to recover and it couldn't start up after I had tried to recover it into factory default settings) and the professional took the price of replacing the HDD and the HDD itself and Windows Installation

so if there's a possible method to know if its a trail copy of Windows then I will do it and tell the computer repair professional that he has put on my computer a trail copy of Windows, so he will replace it

but I'm almost sure that its genuine but the laptop is just getting old and becoming rubbish!!

Thanks

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 6 of 6 (1,377 Views)

Then the professional has the the W7 product key and he needs to give it to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation