Windows XP looping at startup (222 Views)
Student
evechu3
Message 1 of 1 (222 Views)

Windows XP looping at startup

My computer will not log into OS (Windows XP). It gets to the XP loading screen then displays a blue screen for a second then goes to a black background screen that gives me about 4-5 options to start in safe mode with a 30 second countdown, but when I try to select a safe mode option it doesn't work. It also doesn't let me select last known good configuration. It restarts to the Windows XP loading screen and does it all over again. Is there anyway i can fix this? I took it to Geek Squad and they just said that it might be a hard drive problem, and that my laptop is overheating. They wanted me to send it in for over $350 to get it assessed...which I just don't think is worth it.

A friend told me that I can just reformat and/or purchase a new hard drive and install it myself. I'm not too computer savvy, so can anyone please tell me what the best thing to do is? Thank you I appreciate your time and help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation