08-04-2012 01:56 PM - edited 08-04-2012 02:00 PM
I have problems with my Wireless Network Adapter.
Notebook: HP Pavilion g6 - 1376sr
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Problem: Can not switch on my Wireles Network Connection. Windows troubleshooter says: "Possible problem with the adapter driver Wireless network connection". Driver was downloaded from this site (sp53663.exe). Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C&REV_01
P.S. CardReader driver don't work too
08-04-2012 02:07 PM
You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.
1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on.
2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on.
3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine.
4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website.
5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit.
6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.
If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
08-04-2012 03:37 PM
1) Wireless light turns on (white)
2) Wireless light turns on (orange)
3) i just install windows 7 and can not restore anything
4) has no effect
5) have not RM
I've installed HP Connection Manager and Wi-Fi status in this program also Not Connected
i'm very sad...
08-04-2012 07:04 PM
Uninstall the current driver for the Broadcom Wireless LAN.
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Install the latest Broadcom Wireless LAN driver from here (sp56154).
Restart the system and check the result.
09-25-2012 04:06 PM
Do you have any problem with HP notebook and need help?
11-27-2012 01:59 AM
Hi Sir pls help with my Pavilion g6, im having problem connecting to wifi's... mostly here in my office, it usually unable to
connect or if it does connect still "limited access or no internet access" show up on the network sharing center even the wifi signal were Good or Excellent? please help im just an ordinary user please give me specific instructions..thnks
11-29-2012 02:39 AM - edited 11-29-2012 02:44 AM
Hi I am having a similar issue... i am using Windows 8 .. Wireless connects OK... but will lose connectivity randomly and i end up with 'limited access'. If i manually disconnect and reconnect it works until it decides to drop out again.
I thought it might be a wireless issue - but both my old laptop and my wifes laptop doesnt drop out at all... is only the new one... I have done the update thingo and still getting the same issues with this laptop.
Mines a G6 2208tx
04-19-2013 03:14 PM - edited 04-30-2013 09:34 AM
Hello alatxxx. I understand you need a wifi driver for your G6.
Have you tried installing the HP Software Framework and HP Support Assistant. Then you can run HP Support Assistant and it will try to automatically locate and install the driver.
I'd also like you to identify your notebook by the product number. This document can show you where it is located.
Let me know the result. Have a great day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)