Re: Wireless button (F12) does not work after Windows 8 upgrade (41 Views)
Top Student
Enes-HP
Message 1 of 7 (208 Views)

Wireless button (F12) does not work after Windows 8 upgrade

I was using Win-7 & 64-bit Home Premium on my HP-Pavilion DV6-6030ST (LL048EA). All functions were working fine. I upgraded OS to Win8.1 Embeded Industry Pro & 64-bit. After that, F12 botton stopped working for Wi-Fi On/off switch. But it works fine for Bluetooth On/Off switch and its colour works fine (white/red). My Wifi Card is Ralink-RT5390 and I havent got any problem for connecting wireless, I turn it on from right side control panel, but this buttun is more pratical to switch. Have you any advice for this? Thank you repliers, its my first topic here.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 7 (184 Views)

Re: Wireless button (F12) does not work after Windows 8 upgrade

Top Student
Enes-HP
Message 3 of 7 (176 Views)

Before this driver i tried SP63555 but it could not solve the problem. A minute ago I run the driver that you gave me (SP59835) but when installing it an error occured on "InstallDriver_64, C:\..\WirelessButtonDriver.inf /installdrv" than finished installing. After that I have set it to compatibility mode (as win 7) and started as admin, but nothing has changed. Also i restart the pc but still the same. :smileysad:

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 7 (165 Views)

Sorry that installing the driver didn't work.

See if reading the info at the link below is of help to you...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/Consumer-Notebooks-and-Windows-8-Wire...

Top Student
Enes-HP
Message 5 of 7 (157 Views)

Unfortunately its looking hopeless. ll048ea is not tested for Win 8 (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8/instructions.html) I update my Ralink Wireless Driver with SP58374, but did not solve. But, Can i find a bios update for Win 8? The topic that you linked shows, I need an update for bios. Sorry for my English.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 7 (148 Views)

You're very welcome.

Your english is just fine.

If there is no BIOS update for W8 on your notebook's support and driver page, then you will not be able to update the BIOS.

I would agree with your position that the situation is grim.

Do a search on the forum by the keywords Wireless Button Driver Windows 8 and you can look through those to find anything which might be of help.

On the left side of the search results page check the Solved box and that will narrow down the search to posts with a solution.

Intern
Rahul_Ethiraj
Message 7 of 7 (41 Views)

Finally found the solution after 3 weeks. Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx. UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following - Shut down laptop - Remove power cable & battery - Press power switch for 30 sec - Attach power - Power up laptop without battery - Switch on wifi ---it works - Now switch on the laptop with battery HP quick launch describes itself as " Description This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems. " Note : This is the main problem. I have found after seeing the internal working of this driver. It caused the keys to work in its own described way thus overriding the wifi f12 button functionality to change from orange to white or white to orange. After and when restarting : Put the computer to sleep and wake it up to find wifi on. On normal shutdown and booting: Wifi works perfectly. Note to HP: Please check the working of HP Quick Launch Software. I could find its algorithm and functioning and its made to override the default windows 8 key designed for HP. Give me kudos if it works. Give me kudos if it works. And mark it is a Solution. Thank you all for support and help. Rahul
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation