Question

Honor Student
smith454
Message 1 of 6 (408 Views)

Wireless button light does not turn orange when swithced off..

my PC is HP Pavilion dv6-6c98sa which came with windows 7 home premium but after i recently upgraded it to windows 8 pro, i have noticed that the wireless button light does not turn orange when switched off(airplane mode).... i have installed the wireless button driver which synced the button with windows 8 .. whether in airplane mode or not, the light on the key remains blue.. however, i have seen windows 8 laptops which change to orange when in airplane mode.. how do i get mine working properly? the button functions properly, just the light on it.. pls help..

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 6 (370 Views)

Re: Wireless button light does not turn orange when swithced off..

Please download and install latest HP Wireless Button driver from the following weblink for Windows 8:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58720.exe

It might resolve the color problem.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
smith454
Message 3 of 6 (354 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks but it did not work... i even installed the latest one here     http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-117731-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en... but it did not work too.. remember, the driver installs fine and works well, but does not chnge the light to orange when in airplane mode. any other thing i should do?

Student
DearMimi
Message 4 of 6 (162 Views)

I am also facing the same problem after upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1. Does it have any permenant solution?

Top Student
A_R_Prabhu
Message 5 of 6 (159 Views)

i am also facing the same problem, that light doesnot change to red when in airplane mode is ON. i tried installing win 8.1 driver too, results no use.
Teacher
Zintain
Message 6 of 6 (155 Views)

It's because the Bluetooth isn't turning off.  I had this problem when I updated from Windows 8 to 8.1...I had to manually update the Ralink Bluetooth driver with this Mediatek Bluetooth Software pack.  It will automatically remove the old driver, and install the new one for you.  You can verify that it is this by going into the Hardware Manager and temporarily disabling the Bluetooth and you'll see the light change and then after enabling it again, you'll see it go back to white.  This has fixed the problem for me, and the wireless, and bluetooth are both functioning properly, and when in airplane mode, the wireless light goes back to amber.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation