02-26-2012 03:52 PM
Windows Professional 7 64 bit.
The wireless driver does not work/seem to install. The driver im using is 55805 provided on the HP website.
I just cant seem to use the wireless card. Ive tried installing the drivers from the manufacturers website(Ralink)
but that tells me that no such card is installed even though it is(or so says HP support)
02-26-2012 04:02 PM
To find what wireless driver you need, please click on the network controller needing drivers in the device manager.
Then click on the details tab.
In the Properties drop down list, select the second item (Hardware ID's).
Post the top string of characters you see in the window.
Those will identify the model network adapter you have and I will send you the link to the drivers for it.
01-20-2013 01:24 PM
here are the ones that i have
01-20-2013 02:01 PM
For the hardware ID of PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176, you need this driver:
11-16-2014 05:57 PM
Paul, I have this same issue. Have restored a laptop and all drivers except for this wireless driver. The link you gave in an earlier post appears to longer be valid. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
11-16-2014 06:53 PM
If the wireless driver you need has the same hardware ID, here is a working link to the driver...
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)