HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-11-2009 09:36 PM - edited 06-11-2009 10:09 PM
The Audio ID is
Edit: LAN is fine now, so my main problem is IDT HD Audio!
06-12-2009 02:05 PM
Great work, Daniel!
The Intel Graphic work fine. Thanks.
But it make no sound, again.
So it was working and stoped after restart?
If you found the sound was not working after restart, do the following steps
1. Download devcon command line utility, here
2. Extract and copy the file to c:\windows\devcon\i386\devcon.exe
3. Make command line to restart MS-UAA automatically or just download this file
The command line as: C:\windows\devcon\i386\devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_3607103C&REV_03"
1. The location of devcon.exe is in c:\windows\devcon\i386\devcon.exe if you change it, you need to edit idt.bat
2. "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_3607103C&REV_03" is hardware ID for MS-UAA, if you found it in a different name change it.
3. Place idt.bat in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
4. The sound will be restore within 6-10 seconds, because of that there is NO sound of XP start-up
06-14-2009 08:11 PM
It looks then You haven't got MS-UAA instaled correctly. Which SP have You got istalled?
Go also to:
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager
Click there on audio,video and games and show me what You've got there.
06-17-2009 08:32 PM - edited 06-17-2009 08:57 PM
"MS-UAA fo SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio and Graphic driver) here"
I think it could be for windows xp sp3?
Oh i cannot post image here???
i install the MS-UAA SP2 first
and then the SP3
Install the IDT driver (both IDT sp41698.exe & IDT sp41693.exe you provided)
It said: "the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package"
06-18-2009 07:01 PM
Show me what You've got in:
1) Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager -> Sound, video and game controller
2) Control Panel -> System (erase from there information about Your s/n for windows XP)
Both links which You posted don't work
06-20-2009 02:39 AM
I found an audio driver for xp on my preinstall Vista system.
I will try it sometime later.
For my XP system, I had just deleted them all and installed the win7 RC on it. It is going just fine.
Thanks again. You are very kind.
07-07-2009 12:30 PM
Hi guys, I've been going crazy here. I downgraded a New HP DV3t-2000 Laptop from Vista to XP Pro by slipstreaming the sata drivers on the installation CD, I got everything to work except for the Audio, I've tried everything including installing the UAA Drivers & then every Audio driver out there (including the devcon stuff) yet I can't get it to work. I don't have any yellow marks in the device manager, under sound it shows legacy drivers installed but no sound.
My motherboard manufacturer is: Compal
Model # 306E
North bridge: Intel GM45/GM47 revision 07
South Bridge: Intel 82801M (ICH9-M) rev 07
Bios Version F.06
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Mark
07-08-2009 12:55 PM - edited 07-09-2009 09:51 AM
1. Are You using XP with SP3 or SP2?
2. Do You see IDT sound card under: Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager -> Controller Sound, Video and Games ?
If You can post here even picture with it.
07-08-2009 01:19 PM
I do not see the IDT Sound Card
under sound, video & game controllers: I see
legacy audio drivers
legacy video capture devices
media control devices
I tried all those drivers you listed. funny thing upon going thru the laundry list of drivers that I attempted to install when the computer restarted after one install it made the shut down sound & I got excited, however since then I'm back to square one & I attempted to reinstall that same one without luck (I don't remember which one it was).