05-26-2009 08:18 AM - edited 05-26-2009 08:21 AM
i bought recently the HP DV6 - 1045ee, and unfortunately it comes with a disaster called vista premium..
i need to downgrade it to XP, but need any help, because i can't find any available driver..
can any one just help in this issue..? please i need your help, because if not i may not use my laptop because of this "vista"
my company's server does not support vista yet, and i'm in need to work with XP...
so please any help..
thanks in advance..
This question was solved. View Solution.
05-26-2009 11:13 AM - edited 09-12-2009 05:22 PM
First make Vista beckup. All informations how to do it here.
You have a folder with drivers & programs that may prove very helpful after XP downgrade. Copy folder C:\Swsetup to DVD Before formatting your hdd.
Update Your Bios here.
Now You need to slipstream Your Sata drivers (only ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller) with nLite.
Be sure also that You are using WinXP SP2 version. If you haven't got SP2 version here you can download this service pack
and here You have got guide how to slipstream this file with Your system again by nLite.
In this program You can even burn Your new XP cd with this driver.
05-26-2009 11:25 AM - edited 09-12-2009 05:22 PM
Intel Chipset (Install and reboot before other drivers) here
Intel Matrix Storage Manager here
MS-UAA for SP2 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here
MS-UAA for SP3 (required with a reboot before Audio, Modem and Graphic driver) here
NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS
Modded Nvidia drivers ver 185.85.
How to install them in XP:
1. Download driver here, double click and select extract,
2. Download from this site with drivers also INF Modified and replace original INF in extracted folder,
3. Install & reboot.
Intel Wireless 5100 here
Bluetooth Wireless here
Please check first this link written by Joshua Wood and concentrate in it on problems that may appear when You will be installing sound card. I know then this is guide for dv5 but many hardware and drivers are the same for both models.
IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver,
1. sp41698, vista driver, reported work in XP here
2. sp41693, vista driver, reported work in XP here
4. Find Your Vista audio driver on this DVD where You burned C:\Swsetup folder. It may also work under XP.
When You will install any audio driver with success check is Your sound working.
If there will be no sound after restart check this thread. There are informations how to solve this.
.Net Framework (required before HP Quick Lunch Buttons) here
HP Quick Lauch Buttons here
ENE CIR Receiver here
Synaptics Touchpad here
Realtek RTL8168C Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC here
JMB38X Card Reader Host Controller Driver here
If you had for 7 unknown devices (buttons drivers), here (New link)
Do manual installation
Go to device manager, right click unknown device,
Choose to update driver, No to connect,
Choose install from a list or specific location, Don't search, Have disk,
Browse to the location of machine.inf.
Do it for the rest of unknown devices.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)