Xp Wireless Not working Hp Pavilion Dv6 (1414 Views)
Honor Student
aly369
Message 1 of 4 (1,414 Views)

Xp Wireless Not working Hp Pavilion Dv6

Hi

Im new to these forums so please bare with me here.

I was following your sticky on how to downgrade to windows xp from windows 7. Ive gotten everything to work apart from the wifi card. Which is a Atheros Ar9285. The drivers will detect the card and see its there. But it will not find any wifi networks in range. Im thinking that this is because the wifi switch on my Dv6-2112sa is still orange and not turning blue. So basicily the wifi card is turned off im Thinking.

Ive installed many drivers and all with the same problem. Ive Also installed the latist Hp wireless assitant for windows xp. Ive even tried to force start hp wireless assitant which didn't work.

So im out of Ideas now and I would really like my wifi to work on this beautiful machine.

Cheers

Alex

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (1,383 Views)

Re: Xp Wireless Not working Hp Pavilion Dv6

Uninstall the Atheros you have now and try this:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48085.exe

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
aly369
Message 3 of 4 (1,337 Views)

Hey, Sorry for the very late response (lost a lot of files due to of a virus) :smileysad: 

Ive tried the driver on a fresh install as well as another install and same problem *No wireless network found in range*.

I have no idea what to do now. It works completely fine in 7.  Ive tried a manually connecting to the router but no go. The touch-sensitive buttons work fine apart from the wifi button ( I can change volume level etc...).

I hope we can gets this fixed.

Cheers

Alex

Honor Student
dv6000user
Message 4 of 4 (1,125 Views)

If that light is orange, that means the wireless card is OFF...  that switch provides power to the card.... no drivers will help until that card is active (blue light)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation