Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've got a brand new HP ZBook 14 with preinstalled Windows7.

The problem is that when the NB goes in sleep then can’t wakeup:

Goes to sleep successful and when wakeup it the screen in black then HDD led is blinking for 2-3 seconds and then the NB is rebooted.

I installed new clean Windows 8 64 using original HP media come with NB and then updated to Windows 8.1 64

All drivers and firmware are updated. Windows is updated too.

I supposed that the problem is in the ATI video card but I’ve tried with different drivers without result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just received my ZBook 14 windows 8.1 installed 64 bits

And , thank you HP it has the sleep mode problem.

After wake up it reboots.

After reading this and other threads I solved it by installing the older Intel driver from the HP support site.

No uninstall, no driver loading through device manager, just executing the sp63592.exe Service pack which has the older intel driver from october 2013, this is probably the reason it is still on the support site.

It would be nice if HP would tell us this :HalfEyes:

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86
HP Recommended

Try updating BIOS use this link

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5387801&sp...

Dan Asee

Click thumbs up if this post helped you

If this post Solved your problem mark it as the Solution

HP Recommended

Dan,

the link you sent me is BIOS for ZBook 15 but my laptop is ZBook 14.

is it the same ?

HP Recommended

after 4 more hours :

the problem is only with windows 8.1

no problem in Windows 7 and Windows 8

any idea ?

HP Recommended

Looks like your VGA not supporting 8.1, as you can see in this forum lots of people having issues with the 8.1 update. VGA update for the 8.1 still not available in hp site, it's your decision whether go back for the win 8 or waiting for the update

Dan Asee

Click thumbs up if this post helped you

If this post Solved your problem mark it as the Solution

HP Recommended

Dan thx for your answer but I’ve still can’t understand why HP post new drivers for windows 8.1 if they are not supported and not working?

Driver - Graphics Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

They’re expecting from us to be beta testers?

HP Recommended

i also have similar issues with my zbook.  Its a problem for me with win7 x64 SP1 and i refuse to use win8.  Anytime the laptop goes to sleep it has trouble waking up.  When it wakes up the CPU is 100% and doesnt really respond to input well.  sometimes it reboots when it tries to wake up.  ive tried turning off the stupid dual graphics but i cant find any setting that says its disabling the intel completely.  one wierd thing is its not a problem when docked, only undocked.  ive updated all the drivers and the bios 1.05 and still has the issue.  The bios doesnt seem to have settings for the sleep state either.  Its possible one of the BIOS settings are just not labeled as sleep state like S1 or S3.

HP Recommended

i was doing more testing and found that the problem does not exist on this zbook14 when i use the retail version of win7 x64.   My company's custom win7 x64 SP1 build must have some application thats causing the issue for me.   When the Zbook is undocked it has the problem, but it goes back to normal once i plug in a LAN cable.  very odd.

HP Recommended

I have got the same problem with Windows 7 64bit and Windows 8.1 64bit. I have tested both OS. I updatet every drivers and bios (1.05?) too. I have tried drivers from HP and drivers directly from ATI (AMD) site and Intel site. It was not helpfull.

I am solving one more problem. I cant see bluetooth device in device manager. Notebook has got Intel Dual Band Wireless N 7260 card and I can see wifi only, Blue tooth is not presented and there is not option in BIOS to switch it On/Off.

HP Recommended

couple things for bluetooth to work:

1. bluetooth driver = its additional to the wireless driver so make sure you have it as well.

2. wireless switch must be on in both the BIOS and the button above the keyboard.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.