Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a new ZBook 17 with FingerPrint reader hardware but it doesn't really do anything. I have the driver(s) installed but it doesn't appear that there is any software to use it. Credential software doesn't appear to access the reader and SimplPass Software is not installed.

I'm not sure if I need to install SimplePass or other software to use the reader or if there is a different issue involved...

Thanks,

Chrliev

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi chrliev,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your FingerPrint reader on your ZBook. The ZBook is a business computer and you would get the best answer to your question on the Business Forums. You can do this at HP Enterprise Business Community.

I hope this helps.  :generic:

Regards,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Ha!  Because of this message, I joined the HP Enterprise community.  There are no forums for laptops on that site.   And when I did a search on fingerprint scanner set up, they said not to use the HP Enterprise, to use the Support site forum.  Catch-22 - you have created circular logic.  Error!!  That was a waste of time.

Please answer this person's question!

HP Recommended

No answer on this yet correct? I saw the HPE one saying that all the computers had been moved to this support forum: https://community.hpe.com/t5/Former-HPE-Products/Fingerprint-Biometrics-on-a-HP-ProBook-455-G1-Noteb... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.