after upgrading to windows 8 wifi is not working.my laptop is pavilion dv6-7039tx (1027 Views)
Tutor
yasaswichbvh
Message 1 of 9 (1,027 Views)
Accepted Solution

after upgrading to windows 8 wifi is not working.my laptop is pavilion dv6-7039tx

i tried both windows 7 &8 drivers but it didnot work.after restarting wifi is not working or when it has gone to sleep and after resuming from sleep wifi is not switching on.i installed hp wireless button service also,it shows only airplane mode on/off.so no use with that.so please update correct drivers of broadcom combo adapter(wifi+bluetooth).

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 9 (1,000 Views)

Re: after upgrading to windows 8 wifi is not working.my laptop is pavilion dv6-7039tx

Hello yasaswichbvh,

You didn't mention which notebook you have, so if you reply, please include your product number.  Since I don't know which notebook you have, maybe the info below will help.

More than likely HP is not going to support hardware for Windows 8 on any system purchased before Oct 1st 2011.  Most Windows 7 drivers will work in Windows 8.

Check out this page to see if your computer has been tested by HP with Windows 8.

You can run the Upgrade assistant software, which will scan your PC and generate a report on what is currently installed on your PC is compatible with Windows 8.  This upgrade guide for Windows 8 provides a lot of information that is needed for anyone considering upgrading.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
yasaswichbvh
Message 3 of 9 (990 Views)

Re: after upgrading to windows 8 wifi is not working.my laptop is pavilion dv6-7039tx

laptop model  : Hp Pavilion DV6-7039tx

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 9 (983 Views)

Did you look at any of the information I sent?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
yasaswichbvh
Message 5 of 9 (976 Views)

yes i saw the process of upgrading on that site.

and 

i have seen that my model was tested by hp for the use of windows 8.

i will try that upgrade process and update again with in 10 days.

anyhow thanks for the useful information.

:smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 9 (969 Views)

You are very welcome.  Please update this post after update and let me know how it goes.

Thanks and good luck!

Signature
Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 7 of 9 (950 Views)

Hello yasaswichbvh,

I'm still keeping this post open in order to see if the alternate method of upgrading helps to resolve the wifi/sleep issue you have experienced since upgrading to Windows 8.  Please let me know when you do it.

Thanks,

Signature
Tutor
yasaswichbvh
Message 8 of 9 (934 Views)

hello buddies..........!

my problem was solved.i installed windows 8 pro with release date in december(i.e., after 29th feb).

in this latest released win 8 pro they have made some bug fixes.

my camera quality has also been increased.

so try to install latest release date os of win8.

moreover i didnot install hp drivers , microsoft drivers are working fine for wlan,bluetooth,camera.

try this and enjoy guys...........:smileyhappy:

Intern
Rahul_Ethiraj
Message 9 of 9 (62 Views)

Finally found the solution after 3 weeks.  Tried and manupulated all drivers and NIC lan card of my hp laptop dv6 7011tx.

UNINSTALL HP Quick Launch which caused the whole lot of problems and do the following 

- Shut down laptop

- Remove power cable & battery

- Press power switch for 30 sec

-  Attach power

- Power up laptop without battery

- Switch on wifi ---it works

- Now switch on the laptop with battery

HP quick launch describes itself as "

Description

This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems. "

Note  :
                          This is the main problem.  I have found after seeing the internal working of this driver.  It caused the keys to work in its own described way thus overriding the wifi f12 button functionality to change from orange to white or white to orange.

After  and when restarting :
                                                       Put the computer to sleep and wake it up to find wifi on.

On normal shutdown and booting:
                                                                   Wifi works perfectly.

Note to HP:

Please check the working of HP Quick Launch Software.  I could find its algorithm and functioning and its made to override the default windows 8 key designed for HP.

Give me kudos if it works. 
Give me kudos if it works. And mark it is a Solution.

Thank you all for support and help.

Rahul
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation