08-19-2010 10:27 PM
How do I find out what background programs are running? My desktop is critically slow and i think somthing is running in the background. I have virus scanned it to death with no joy. I almost seems like it's looping. I'm running XP.
08-21-2010 02:38 PM
Here is the link to HP document that helps you not only to improve the system performance but also helps you with the information on how to find and stop programs running in the back ground:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)