Question

Honor Student
ri_dias
Message 1 of 21 (2,254 Views)

c:\rm\image\tempbase.wim not found after using hp system recovery dvd (windows 7).

I have an HP Pavilion 2150. Recently, I started getting the error "BOOTMGR is missing" and couldn't start the computer. I ordered the recovery discs from HP (Windows 7), and followed the steps. After finishing the 2nd part (2nd DVD), it gives me the error message: C:\RM\Image\tempbase.wim not found".  At that point recovery halts and the only option is to hit OK.  Nothing further happens after that and I can only do a hard shut off holding the power button.  On the next bootup it brings the recovery page back up and acts as if windows successfully installed and tells me to reboot.  So, I reboot and it says BOOTMGR is missing. What can I do now??

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 21 (2,230 Views)

Re: c:\rm\image\tempbase.wim not found after using hp system recovery dvd (windows 7).

Try the following process.

Download and create the bootable CD as described on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-80183-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

When you have created this CD, insert it into the system that is unable to boot, restart it and wait until you see a window with a green check mark.  Then remove the CD.  Shutdown the notebook and start it again with no Disc inserted in the CD/DVD Drive.  It's possible your notebook may now boot into Windows, but if it doesn't, insert your first Recovery DVD.  Restart the notebook and go through the process of installing the Operating System again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
ri_dias
Message 3 of 21 (2,216 Views)

Re: c:\rm\image\tempbase.wim not found after using hp system recovery dvd (windows 7).

Nope... It didn't work. I followed all the steps (twice actually) and it didn't work. Very disappointed with HP... We bought this laptop less than 17 months ago and it's already gone.
Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 21 (2,212 Views)

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
addiek
Message 5 of 21 (2,116 Views)

I, too, have come across this error message. 48 hours after my wonderful boyfriend downloaded a trial version of Photoshp (from Adobe) we got blue screen. Long story short after numerous fixes and such I ordered recovery disks from HP, they came in yesterday and here I am.

The specs (according to HP website) of my laptop (purchased 16 months ago) are:

Model number:

605718-001 , WINDOWS 7 PREMIUM / PROFESSIONAL 64B + S

I followed the directions and downloaded the utility disk you recommend on my Acer Aspire laptop and created the Cyberlink Recovery Disk. I inserted in the HP and got the green check mark. As soon as I restarted I got a black screen with white letter that said boot manager not available.  So, I insert recovery disk 1 and it worked.Disk 2 got to 100% and popped the disk out. Now, we are at the same point as I was 6 other times within the past 12 hours! It shows blue check marks but the progress bar went back to 0% and it says "Please wait..." And the back, next, and cancel buttons are not highlighted. 

Prior to creating and installing the "Utility Recovery Disk" this is where I was when they error message appeared.

And now again here it is.

C:\RM\Image\TempBASE.WIM was not found.

Now what?

Thanks for any help.  

Honor Student
addiek
Message 6 of 21 (2,111 Views)

Re: c:\RMI\image\temperaments not found after using hp system recovery dvd (windows 7).

I had to do a hard shut down and upon start up I tried OFF, F, & OFF. I get the following:

Windows Boot Manger

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer. 

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as a hard drive or CD-Remarried that is failing. Make sure NY removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer. 

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacture. 

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occured. 

Top Student
idrisalz
Message 7 of 21 (2,087 Views)

I think this has nothing to do with the brand name. I have been trying to use the Recovery Media for at least 6 times with the same message:

C:\RM\Image\TempBASE.WIM was not found

I did all sort of things I could come upon and those mentioned here; no success whatsoever. I also did all sort of tests to check the hard disks and the memory. All results are normal.

Blue screens appearing every time I switched my notebook on (Envy 17-1011NR). I came to the conclusion that this might be a memory module fault. I changed both memory modules (2 X 4GB), and started the recovery procedure.

PRESTO! I could not believe my eyes when it started to restore the files onto the disk after reading the second DVD. Then it asked for the Application and Drivers DVD. The whole procedure completed successully without any intervention. The notebook is up again and working. IS THIS A COINCIDENCE???   :smileyhappy:

Tutor
johan12
Message 8 of 21 (724 Views)

I have a similar problem. This week my harddisk of a 3 year old HP pavilion dv7-4075sb failed. Nothing helped to start-up again.So I bought a new harddisk and also 3 HP recovery disk from best2serve. I installed the new harddisk and then inserted the recovery DVDs, the process starts, asks to insert the disks (one after the other) but after 100% of preparation, so after disk 3, following message appears (reducer : c:\rm\image\tempbase.wim not found) and the process stops. At that moment, I can only shutdown. 

As I read in this forum, I made a bootable disk trying to resolve, and now a screen appears with a green flag that indicates to remove the bootable disk and insert the recovery disks. However when I remove the bootable disk en insert recovery disk 1 nothing happens. So, What else can I do ?

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 9 of 21 (704 Views)

Hello johan12. Please refer to this thread to troubleshoot the issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/bootmgr-is-missing-crmimagetempbas...

Let me know if the troubleshooting presented helps you resolve the issue. I will continue to research in the meantime.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
johan12
Message 10 of 21 (658 Views)

I tried all the suggestions listed, but issue remained. With the HP recovery dvds can not recover windows 7.

Since nothing worked, I formatted the hard disk and tried to install with another older windows vista installation disk.

And that installation succeeded. I could start-up again  but I can not connect to the internet probably because I miss now some device drivers.

However I downloaded the network controller driver from HP listed for this 64bits notebook, but still can not access the internet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation