12-28-2010 09:18 AM
I have a HP laptop running on Win XP Prof. When I boot up, I get an error message saying: "Resource file <c_spursdll> not found!". I click "ok" in the error box and it disappears and there doesn't seem to be any problem with performance, software etc, but it's just irritating.
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-28-2010 06:58 PM - edited 12-28-2010 07:02 PM
start regedit and navigate intoHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Infenion\TPM Softwareinsert a new string value named"C_SpURsDll"with the contents"C:\Program Files\ProtectTools\Embedded Security Software\IfxSpURs%s.dll"(both without the ""). After a restart, credential manager will work properly.
Most likely a registry cleaner caused this.
01-07-2011 12:20 AM
I tried your suggestion, followed everything, but it does not work. The message window "C_SpURsDll not found!" still appear after i did a restart.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)