Question

Honor Student
mahuhudog
Message 1 of 7 (3,417 Views)

can't get into my user profile

hey can anybody help i can't get into my main user profile, we have two profiles on my computer and can get into the profile i don't use, but in that profile i can't get some of the files i need as it asks for administrator password which i type in and it says it cant find the file when i try to get into my main user profile it says that the user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded. I have looked on a number of sites and have tried thier solutions but cant get to system restore as it asks me for administrator password, i enter it and does nothing. it is the right password as have tried wrong passwords to check and it comes up with a wrong password message, whereas the right password just causes the password entry box to dissapear and nothing else happens, do i need to reset to factory settings as have tried loads of alleged solutions but all comes down to not getting the administration control i think. Cheers for any help if it comes?
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 7 (3,411 Views)

Re: can't get into my user profile

Hi,

Use UPHClean from here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
solaryesoilno
Message 3 of 7 (2,983 Views)

I'm having the same problem. I haven't tried any solutions yet. I followed the only reply I saw you get, about UPHClean. Near the top of the page his link sends you is a link that says UPHClean and other profile ramblings. That sends you to an important update of info about UPHClean dated Jan 6, 2010. Read all of it because the 2nd paragraph may have your solution. Also at this page, http://blogs.technet.com/b/uphclean/archive/2008/02/28/hi.aspx  she writes "UPHClean is a tool that I wrote about 5 years ago to help resolve the problem of user profile hive not unloading," and explains some things about it, including UPHClean won't work on Windows Vista (which I have). 

I also put into google "The User Profile Service service failed the logon." That brought up a list of links to possible solutions. The ones I've read are beyond my understanding, some involving going into the registry.  With my lack of knowledge I'm afraid to do that because I've heard that can be tricky and really mess up your computer.

Honor Student
solaryesoilno
Message 4 of 7 (2,976 Views)

On this page, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/can-t-get-into-my-user-profile/m-p/66820...   you replied to a ladies question. I saw the link you gave her was to 2008 info and I found a January 2010 update by the writer of UPHClean. If you can help me, I'm apparently having the same problem she is. The UPHClean writer says it won't work for Windows Vista (which I have) & various other OS. Here's my reply to the lady you gave your answer to and below it a link to that Jan 2010 update:

I'm having the same problem. I haven't tried any solutions yet. I followed the only reply I saw you get, about UPHClean. Near the top of the page his link sends you is a link that says  UPHClean and other profile ramblings. That sends you to an important update of info about UPHClean dated Jan 6, 2010. Read all of it because the 2nd paragraph may have your solution. Also at this page, http://blogs.technet.com/b/uphclean/archive/2008/0 2/28/hi.aspx  she writes "UPHClean is a tool that I wrote about 5 years ago to help resolve the problem of user profile hive not unloading," and explains some things about it, including UPHClean won't work on Windows Vista (which I have). 

I also put into google "The User Profile Service service failed the logon." That brought up a list of links to possible solutions. The ones I've read are beyond my understanding, some involving going into the registry.  With my lack of knowledge I'm afraid to do that because I've heard that can be tricky and really mess up your computer.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/uphclean/archive/2010/01/06/status-of-uphclean.aspx

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 7 (2,956 Views)

Hi,

First check this link. There are all known solutions for this problem.

You may also check here document from Microsoft, but there is solution with deleting existing profile and adding new one so this isn't the best choice.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
pmcleish
Message 6 of 7 (2,725 Views)

Hey I need help!!

I'm having the same problem on my PC, but it's worse because after following the some of the suggestion via safe boot, I've proceed to delete my proile and the 500Meg of data that goes with it.  I've now got the PC working again, but all the data is missing.

What can I do. 

Teacher
ksnr2006
Message 7 of 7 (2,706 Views)

If your notebook has Recovery Partition on the hard drive and able to access the F11 recovery manager, try to restore the notebook to an earlier date from F11 Recovery Manager which will fix the issue.

Restart the notebook and keep tapping F11 until you get the Recovery Manager window. It will take few minutes to load the Recovery Files.

The first option will be Microsoft System Restore. Select it and click on the Next button.

Select the restore date on which your user profile worked fine and click on next.

Once you are done with the restore you can login into windows without any issue.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation