Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I would like to know before I chat with HP tech support if HP tech support does email the chat log to their customer after the conversation end and upon requesting it for revision? I am aware at times that critical instruction are given to the customer and naturally I would like to review it, so that I can follow exactly what I am supposed to do.  Is that possible? I know that many companies do offer this service but I am not sure if HP does too. Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I've seen this option in Microsoft chat & actually they also send in the chat log if we request.
I don't think HP has this option in their chat software, but I've seen Print chat log option & you can just click it before choosing the session - all the conversations would be displayed in another Window for printing. You can actually copy , paste that whole log into ms word, notepad etc.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Dear Visruth,  amazingly fast response, thank you very much.  I thought that you work for HP? Would you not know that? Thank you, Nicole

HP Recommended

You're very welcome Nicole.

No I don't work for HP. No one here work for HP except besides whose names - there is an small "HP" tag(black letters in silver background). The Experts with blue HP expert logo with their profile pic here are not from HP, they are experts in their own field of work & is a Volunteer in these Forums to help others who are in need of one.

Now to topic, I could tell you that if you request to send the section of chat log that you need for revision, HP customer support would send it to your mail.
I've requested few times like this & they had sent me those pieces of info.

Later, I found out that whatever info/suggestion they give to us can be easily found and obtained from various HP documents that are available, by simple google search, except for the personal info of consumers(like warranty details etc.) stored in their database.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Dear Visruth, #1 you are amazing and #2 I commanded you.

You see, I have been having problem with my computer HP2000-2C07CA for a long time and when I contacted HP support they took over my notebook and find out that it is true that I am having problem (as if I was making this up).

Anyhow, I requested the HP tech to email me the chat log and he agreed and asked for my email address, to which I provided. Now, along our chat ( I am NOT technically incline) I asked a lot of questions because he asked me to do some technical work on my own and I felt insecure. Then, he got upset and terminated the chat because he had difficulties answering some of my questions.

I contacted a few people at HP support but they all said that it was sort of "illegal" for them to send the chat log and the tech support made a mistake. They NEVER provide chat log to their customers. Deep down I know that this is untrue. HP support said I would have to get lawyers involved to get the chat log. I was stunned by it and that is why I asked you about the chat log. 

HP Recommended
Hi there

You're very welcome.

Nobody here can tell an opinion , suggestion, advice in the name of HP, or to make it simple nobody here has the power/position to speak as a representative of HP except for HP moderators, Admin - hence nobody except the HP admin & moderators could definitely advice on how to get the previous chat logs. I would like to tell you my personal opinion/suggestion which I know.

If you are using HP support assistant software , there is a CONTACT TECHNICAL SUPPORT tab/option in it - if you click it, you'll first have to enter your personal details & next you'll be taken to contact window - most of the times you can open up the Support Case sessions you had with HP support agents immediately before or even 2-3 chat sessions previously by clicking the Case ID LISTED there (if any). After that it's just matter of you - just SELECT ALL the text of session, copy it & paste it somewhere else like in notepad/MS Word. That should do it. It works for me most times.

If the previous chat session case IDs are not listed, unfortunately I don't know how to get it: (

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Dear Visruth,

Once again you are pretty swift on your feet. 

I am going to tell you that I do not have the HP support assistant software. It was NEVER uploaded or downloaded.  I don't even know how to do it. You would think that once HP support took over my computer they would have a six senses and perhaps do it or ask me to do it on my behalf but no, therefore I am at lose again. 

And to top it up, I was NEVER again given a case ID number. 

So as usual, I am having a lot of fun as you can see. 

I am on the loser end here because of their inappropriate HP support that are at the mercy of us. 

Thank you, 

Nicole

HP Recommended
Hi

By looking at your product specs I could see that your laptop came with HP support assistant software, that's the reason I suggested the previous easy solution.
Specs: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03779354

Using HP support assistant:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

From your previous reply, I doubt that you really got connected to HP support or some other scrupulous tech agents or rather Spam. If you're getting connected to HP customer support, you would get Case ID/number for identifying the session at a later time when the need arise.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Dear Visruth,

#1 Thank you for the product specs I will keep it for references. At this time not sure what else to do with it. 

#2 OMG!!! Are you serious about scrupulous tech agents or rather Spam? I have NEVER heard that before. Perhaps I am wondering if that is the reason that HP is not willing to provide me with the chat log. This is starting to make sense now. 

#3 I have communicate with HP to ask them about it and waiting for their answer.

#4 I have just installed the HP support assistant, thanks to you and there were some needed upgrades. 

#5 I can not believe that I am just finding those thing right now and I have been with HP for a few years now. This is my second computer and it is still underwarranty but because I am outside Canada, they are not able to help me.  Therefore I am SOL.

Thanks again, you are a live saver. 

Nicole

HP Recommended
Hi Nicole

You're very welcome!

Everyone around us are eyeing for profit, gains etc. So you don't expect IT area to be left out, where technology is booming like anything. There are several of scams taking the rounds around the world. I had recently got a call from someone identifying them as from "Microsoft" . They started trying to get as much as info they could get from me. They tried convincing me that my laptop is infected with virus, and the activation of Windows installed would be expiring soon etc unless I give them access live to my computer. Since I was aware about this Microsoft scam calls earlier, I was curious to hear everything they have to offer - at last I told them I have a Apple Macbook instead of Windows. So that was it, they hung up.

You could find several threads here in this forum too, with people complaining of scam calls and so called chat sessions from "HP", which finally lead to locking up of whole laptop. Actually they are not from HP & they don't really know anything about you except the fact that you're in the other side of the phone or chat and what these guys really want is access to your system.

I had to explain this to you so that you know the things that are going around.
It may / may not be the case that you're dealing with.

Now coming to the problem, HP support assistant is good in this area, like giving you genuine access to HP customer support.

You may download, install the updates. But I must warn you that do not download any BIOS update through it. If something goes wrong, it can really brick down your system to an expensive paperweight.

Change the settings of HP support assistant from the program itself, to " Notify Me " from "Automatically download, install" , so that latest updates don't get installed without your knowledge.

Whatever update you get from HPSA can be verified with your product download site.

Regards

Visruth
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.