Question

Honor Student
Customer87
Message 1 of 3 (60 Views)

customer service

I was having problems connecting my HP laptop to my new modem and router and figured it would be the wireless adapter as the ethernet connection was working fine.  I called the HP technicians for help in locating an updated driver and they informed me that since my PC was not under warranty they would need to charge me for the support...I informed them that I would buy a Dell laptop before I paid for an updated driver and they said go ahead.  (I love the attitude; I truly do, but not sure if I would want my customer service techs challenging the customer like that)  I later found the updated driver on the HP site and downloaded it; wireless is working like a charm.  What I am unsure about is why the tech just didn't give me the URL for the driver.  I actually won't buy a Dell, I'll buy an apple; and that goes for my other two HP home laptops and my HP printer when they need replaced also.  You all really need some education on taking care of the customer.  Very disappointed with the support.

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: customer service

Typically, if you're out of warranty (with any company) then you'll need to renew your warranty or pay for technical support.

Of course, all of the online resources here are free so you could simply come here and seek help.
Honor Student
Customer87
Message 3 of 3 (52 Views)

Re: customer service

You're missing the point professor.  I was pointing out that the customer service at HP was a great deal different than other companies and that if I was an HP exec I don't think I would want the customer service technicians challenging the customers as this particular one did.  If it's easy; take care of the customer, if it's not then ask for your two dollars.  Hope you get your PhD soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation