02-15-2013 01:03 AM
The short answer is, "Yes".
The long answer is, "You may or may not like the results."
It entirely depends on which computer you have, whether or not there are drivers and software for Windows 7 for your computer, how much work you want to put into the project, and your skill and commitment level.
Take a look at the Posts in the link below - there is just about every scenerio here, good AND bad.
There are also Posts that include ways that you can learn to live with Windows 8 until you no longer "hate it". There are ways, for example, to get back your "Start Menu" like you had in Windows 7 -- or ways to manage that new "Metro" Start Screen so it is not so likely to make you crazy.
If you would like more help, you should provide your Product Number:
=========== OR ================
On your keyboard (Use the built-in keyboard, and not an external / USB controlled device):
- Press the FN and ESC keys at the same time
02-15-2013 08:21 PM
If you are not happy with your new laptop that came with Windows 8 preinstalled, considering returning it to the seller for a refund, then order a new HP laptop that is still available with Windows 7 preinstalled. Examples: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Laptops
Windows Expert - Consumer
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)