07-17-2013 01:06 PM
I would like to load linux-mint alongside windows 8, however, it is being near impossible to do so.
i've sifted the forums and found no solution. The laptop cannot/will not boot mint.
Some people are able to find their linux underneath the F9 option upon a reboot, but i cannot.
please help me, i hate windows 8
This question was solved. View Solution.
07-17-2013 04:00 PM - edited 07-17-2013 04:01 PM
Welcome the forum.
See this helpful Post by our Provost Expert banhien
- Note the statement in the Post about disabling Secure Boot mode in the BIOS.
- Set the BIOS UEFI to "disable" mode or "Legacy" mode. Save the BIOS and restart the machine.
More information and discussion on the subject of Dual Boot Windows 8 and Mint:
07-20-2013 12:43 PM - edited 07-20-2013 12:46 PM
The second mint forum link works like a charm, however, I looked towards the ubuntu forums due to the fact that mint is ubuntu built like debian, making it a better OS than both (my opinion).
The previous forum post about using EasyBCD didn't help as I had no idea about boot-repair.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)