Question

Honor Student
humroben
Message 1 of 3 (4,205 Views)
Accepted Solution

dual boot linux alongside win8 on hp pavilion g6-2230sa

I would like to load linux-mint alongside windows 8, however, it is being near impossible to do so.

i've sifted the forums and found no solution. The laptop cannot/will not boot mint.

Some people are able to find their linux underneath the F9 option upon a reboot, but i cannot.

please help me, i hate windows 8

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 3 (4,194 Views)

Re: dual boot linux alongside win8 on hp pavilion g6-2230sa

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Welcome the forum.

See this helpful Post by our Provost Expert banhien

How to dual boot ubuntu and windows 8

Usual method:

• Note the statement in the Post about disabling Secure Boot mode in the BIOS.
  • Set the BIOS UEFI to "disable" mode or "Legacy" mode. Save the BIOS and restart the machine.

=====================================================================================

More information and discussion on the subject of Dual Boot Windows 8 and Mint:

Want to dual boot Mint and Win 8 - UEFI questions

How-to: Dual boot Windows 8 and Mint 14 - both (U)EFI!

How do you install linux alongside Windows 8 without corrupting Windows 8 boot configuration?

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
humroben
Message 3 of 3 (4,176 Views)

Re: dual boot linux alongside win8 on hp pavilion g6-2230sa

[ Edited ]

The second mint forum link works like a charm, however, I looked towards the ubuntu forums due to the fact that mint is ubuntu built like debian, making it a better OS than both (my opinion).

The previous forum post about using EasyBCD didn't help as I had no idea about boot-repair.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation