brain29
Message 1 of 6 (6,424 Views)

dv7 blueray driver for windows 7

dv7-1020us

os Windows 7 64-bit

issues with::

Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA

* no drivers.

After updating to windows 7 64-bit - it gave me a generic cd-rom driver from windows .. i need the the orginial drivers or the updated sony drivers.. i have the swsetup folder (were all the hp drivers are stored) and files but i dont know what is what thanks to all the diffrent drivers being named by # .. "sp23434"

* if someone knows were they are, on the restore cd and could type the path were i could find it .. i would be happy with that thank you :smileyhappy:

Top Student
Tom3885
Message 2 of 6 (6,364 Views)

Re: dv7 blueray driver for windows 7

I have the same exact problem. I installed Win 7 64 Home Preium and lost all video playback capability. No DVD or Blue Ray. I chatted with HP and they told me to download DVD Play and HP Media Smart Windows 7 drivers but they don't work. I tried to download Vista 64 drivers but they don't work. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it all back and they only thing that doesn't work is the DVD and BR player. It all worked perfectly before the upgrade.

I think it has something to do with Cyberlink program in the system. I noticed that the Cyberlink Power to Go is ver6 on my HP DV7 notebook and that version is not compatible with Win 7 or Blue Ray according to Cyberlink but it seemed to work fine.. You have to upgrade for $79.95 for Blue Ray.  I can't find any other drivers by another company. So now I can't play any DVD or Blue Ray.

Let me know if you find something that works. 

See ya

Top Student
brain29
Message 3 of 6 (6,358 Views)

don't waste your money ...

dl the hp quick play - for free 

and the dvd thing 

so the HP Quick play site is borken  it says you dl 3.7 v.6112 ... but its really 3.7 v6310

anyways .. it should be in your swsetup folder  re install it ..

but instead go to compatibality ->vista sp2 .. and set it .. ( the dvd play thing has nothing to do with the blueray playback its all in the quick play and can only work in the hp quick play.. you want verion 3 up )

open the blue ray drive and close it about 10 times, click your heels and it should work   ... i dont think hp directly makes the software 

and to note .. if hp cared they would put a quick play dl link in there driver section .. so good luck finding it, if u dont have it cause i cant find it right now... the only way to get it ..if u cant google it (its somewere on the cyberlink site)...  would be to use a recovery cd restore factory settings then save swsetup files then reinstall windows 7 .. in a way they sell laptops tell everyone they can play bluerays but dont suport it fully since they hide the software if something goes bad or a user makes a mistake 

Honor Student
delamons
Message 4 of 6 (5,825 Views)

Yes it sucks that they did have this already for us can`t understand what the hell they are doing for the custmers who bought with the free win7 upgrade , but they should get it to us few weeks, well maybe months, till then you can watch regular dvd`s no problem with media player also can down load various trials to use that support win7 bluray support like cyberlink, etc get suite one month, then just player next. plus i`m going to try and see if it will run under compatability mode, for vista sp2. good luck i`ll check back if i get it easily stiaghtened out
Honor Student
delamons
Message 5 of 6 (5,572 Views)

ok just got off chat with hp and not any help, but i can tell you that the upgrade of your quickplay which is free will fix your dvd play problems, but not your blueray dvd play problem if yours behaves like mine, and i upgraded and wasted alot of money buying all the best from cyber link dvd9 and such so purchase at your own risk, but aleast the dvd - bluerays will work agian with the hp link to quickplay update, good luke and if i figure out any thing i`ll check back
Top Student
brain29
Message 6 of 6 (5,540 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation