Question

Student
redtorino007
Message 1 of 4 (1,687 Views)

dv7 notebook screen flicker

The lower half of my screen is flickering in pulses, what can I do to make it stop permanently

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,681 Views)

Re: dv7 notebook screen flicker

Hi,

redtorino007 wrote:

The lower half of my screen is flickering in pulses, what can I do to make it stop permanently

Please identify your notebook with more than the series number. Look at the base of the notebook at the barcoded sticker and post everything you see there except the serial number.
Also post the operating system that is installed.

c01931836.gif

Help us to help you. :smileyhappy:

Best regards,
erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Grad Student
Gator6x4
Message 3 of 4 (1,660 Views)

Screen flickering on a laptop is usually caused by or is probably due to an inverter problem. The inverter supplies power to the screen's backlight. Inverters are easy to replace and usually cost about $100. If your laptop screen is a solid white color, then the problem is possibly a bad cable connection between the monitor and the system board. Open up your laptop and make sure that the cables and connections are set correctly and undamaged.

Many times laptop users will see images that are all jumbled. In most cases this is not due to the screen itself, but possibly the video card. One quick way to determine whether or not it is your monitor that is causing the screen to be jumbled is to connect another monitor to your laptop using the VGA port. If the other monitor shows jumbled images, or flickers then it is probably your computer's video card and not the monitor.

Of course if the computer is still under warranty please let HP worry with or fix the problem.

Student
Maurice_12
Message 4 of 4 (1,376 Views)

Hi there,

I had the same problem - there is an easy fix - it's not got anything to do with loose cables, or bad connections.

Click Start Menu, AMD VISION control center - Click on PowerPlay - UNCHECK Vari-bright - Click Apply. 

End of problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation