Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If problem is main computer or power board then HP should recall all Envy computer to replace for new computer. It is factory defected computer.

HP Recommended

Hi @MDjosh

The test from the HP Support Assistant should check battery 1 and 2.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@mrstenter

It should, but it doesnt.

HP Recommended

Hey @moj6 

If your keyboard battery is not charging, you can perform the troubleshooting steps located in this document:  Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Click Extensive Test, and then Run. These tests are designed to comprehensively test the system components. These tests run consecutively through the listed components, and can take 2 or more hours to complete. This is the Extensive test that needs to be completed.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you can contact support for repair options:  HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link HERE to get the support number for your region.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The advice being given by HP support doesn't even make sense for the problem...

1-We can't plug the keyboard in to anything and the computer is charging fine so stop repeating the advice for fixing a regular laptop battery.

2-The "Extensive Test" is for components that are a part of the computer. The External Keyboard for the HP Envy X2 doesnt even show up as a computer component because it is only connected via blue tooth, and then only when it is charged. Since it is having trouble there is no way it's going to show up.

Please look up info on your new "TABLETS" before responding as if this were a laptop.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with the keyboard only 2 months after getting the envy. I called HP technical service and after much arguing because they said I needed to send in my whole unit (computer and keyboard) and it would take up to 2 weeks! This is my work computer also and I cannot afford that so I was on the phone and complained that took up to an hour. They finally sent me a replacement for the keyboard. 

With the replacement, I haven't had any problems until yesterday. Same thing happened where the orange light would blink and then my keyboard stopped working. It has been less than 2 months since I received this replacement. 

This is so frustrating!!!!! how many more keyboards do I need to go through. Thinking about ditching hp and getting a more reliable keyboard and mouse. 

Any body else find any other success or solution? It seems like the keyboard is running out of battery or something ?? 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue  - works on and off.  Can't stand this - I haven't taken this back to best buy, but I will shortly.  Mine is my work computer as well - all my partners told me to get a Mac Book, and I went with this - feeling stupid now.  If this is a common issue seems it should be fixed by them.  If someone finds a fix, please let me know.

@slee312 wrote:

I had the same problem with the keyboard only 2 months after getting the envy. I called HP technical service and after much arguing because they said I needed to send in my whole unit (computer and keyboard) and it would take up to 2 weeks! This is my work computer also and I cannot afford that so I was on the phone and complained that took up to an hour. They finally sent me a replacement for the keyboard. 

With the replacement, I haven't had any problems until yesterday. Same thing happened where the orange light would blink and then my keyboard stopped working. It has been less than 2 months since I received this replacement. 

This is so frustrating!!!!! how many more keyboards do I need to go through. Thinking about ditching hp and getting a more reliable keyboard and mouse. 

Any body else find any other success or solution? It seems like the keyboard is running out of battery or something ?? 

@slee312 wrote:

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue  - works on and off.  Can't stand this - I haven't taken this back to best buy, but I will shortly.  Mine is my work computer as well - all my partners told me to get a Mac Book, and I went with this - feeling stupid now.  If this is a common issue seems it should be fixed by them.  If someone finds a fix, please let me know.

HP Recommended
I ended up just getting a $25 wireless keyboard and usb mouse.. I just use the hp keyboard for a screen protector.. So it is good for something at least.
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with the keyboard until I noticed that I have to switch it off (small switch button on the top) in order to get it charged again... May be this might help someone.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.