Question

Student
PavG6-1b50user
Message 1 of 3 (2,205 Views)

error code 2761.

I have a HP Pavilion g6-1b50us.  Recently I kept getting the following error every time I either started my laptop or brought it out of hibernation:

SolutionCenter
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2761.

I found the solution on http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-error-code-2761-a-550113.html. which was to insert my printer install CD into the CD drive and locate the SolutionCenter.msi file.  After that the error went away.

Why hasn't HP hasn't found this issue and provided a fix for this?  It started after an automatic update for software to HP OfficeJet 4500 was installed. Surely the test suite for these types of updates has a script that checks for this.

I'm looking for a response from HP on why they haven't 1. reported this issue on the forum and 2. applied a fix for the issue.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 3 (2,171 Views)

Re: error code 2761.

[ Edited ]

This is a user to user forum.

It could also be a conflict with other software you have installed, sometimes security software can interfere with proper installation of installer packages. Only one other report of this error so far on the HP forums.

Thanks for posting the solution.

Student
ani78
Message 3 of 3 (1,276 Views)

Re: error code 2761.

Has there been a fix locate for the error:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2761."

I get this everytime I start my computer or when I open up HP solution centre.

I have tried updating drivers, re-installing from cd, nothing works! I have a C4180

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation