Question

Honor Student
vikram6880
Message 1 of 5 (169 Views)
Accepted Solution

explorer.exe error

Hi,

I have HP Pavilion e002au laptop bought around 5 months back with Windows 8.

I am getting explorer.exe error after logging in each time. The laptop seems to working normally but can anyone please tell me what is this error and how can it be eliminated?

I have an original version of antivirus and getting Windows updates regularly.

Is it dangerous for the laptop?

Regards,

Vikram P. Gupte

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 5 (137 Views)

Re: explorer.exe error

Hi Vikram6880,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion e002au Notebook and the error explorer.exe after logging in. I would try to perform a hard reset first. Here is a link to Microsoft that will help you refresh your Notebook.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
vikram6880
Message 3 of 5 (130 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I will try to perform the actions suggested by you.

Please let me know whether this may affect the data already exisitng on the hard drive of the laptop.

Should I take a backup of the data before performing this action or it is safe to do the action as it is?

Regards,

Vikram P. Gupte

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 5 (124 Views)

Hi Vikram6880,

When performing any type of system check you should always back up your documents. The refresh does not affect any documents. It just does a refresh of the system.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
vikram6880
Message 5 of 5 (95 Views)

Hi Mrs. Tenter,

Thank you for your response. I tried the suggestion given by you last night and after refreshing the laptop, I am not getting the error message.

Let us hope that the problem is permanently fixed.

Regards,

Vikram P. Gupte

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation