04-01-2012 09:57 PM
I recently restored my Compaq Presario CQ56-219WM Notebook to its original factory condition.
When I put my computer to hybernate mode and come back i get a screen that says:
Info: fatal error occurred during processing the restoration data
Ive done a search on the internet and it seems to be associated with Windows 7.
My operating system is windows 7 64bit sp1.
This question was solved. View Solution.
04-02-2012 02:10 PM
Delete the hiberfil.sys file on the C drive (may be hidden, you may havbe to unhide hidden files using folder options)
After deletion restart the PC, after using it for a while hibernate the PC, see if it still generates that error after resume.
If it does, do another factory restore.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)