Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Thanks so much! It worked! Really makes me angry that HP would lock you out of the BIOS on your own PC. This will be the last HP I'll buy.
HP Recommended

Your welcome Sam.

Don't blame HP.

I work on every make and model of laptop out there and all will set a BIOS password at any given time.

Most of the time it is because of the BIOS battery.

Most HP's you have a good chance to reset them but if it is an IBM/Lenovo you need to read the BIOS or reprogram it.

Thanks for thethumbsup[1].png.

REO

HP Recommended
Please help me
System Disabled: 55513616

HP Pavilion dm4
HP Recommended
@Vankata

Try: 40471238

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

I am having the same issue as the rest.
Halt code: 50749536

Help? Thanks in advance

-E

HP Recommended
@erwah

Try: 45621518

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Wondering if I can get the same help with a BIOS Administrator password.  The halt code I receive is:  59739527

Hope you or someone can help!  Thanks.

-Russ

HP Recommended
Russ,

Try: 46691509

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Beautiful!  Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome 🙂

Have a great week ahead!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.