Question

Honor Student
Suzbluz
Message 1 of 11 (6,599 Views)
Accepted Solution

fingerprint scanner HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC m6-1225dx

I am having trouble with setting up the fingerprint scanner.  I skipped the password set up when I first got this HP laptop.  Now when I boot up my laptop the scanner flashes, but it won't let me set it up and asks for a password or scanner.  Since I never set up my password I just close it and use my laptop.  But now I don't know where/how to get back to the beginning in order to complete the set up.

There has to be somewhere in this my new computer to finally set this up.  Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Honor Student
Bisho-A
Message 2 of 11 (6,594 Views)

Re: fingerprint scanner HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC m6-1225dx

Did you try your windows account log on password?
Honor Student
Suzbluz
Message 3 of 11 (6,588 Views)

No, I will try that.  But I don't know how that will help.  I am getting a bit frustrated.  This is the first mention in all the searches I have done that mentioned a windows password.  Thanks, I will try that and let you know. 

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 11 (6,569 Views)

Hello Suzbluz,

I see that you are having trouble using the fingerprint reader on your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link to the instructions for using the SimplePass software. This has a lot of information about changing settings inside the program.

You may have to delete the software and re-download it to get the setup options back. If you decide to uninstall the software you should be able to reinstall it from the recovery manager. Let me know if you need help with this.

Here is a link for troubleshooting steps for the fingerprint reader as well. This could be helpful now or in the future.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
Suzbluz
Message 5 of 11 (6,560 Views)

Thank you for the info.  I managed to get into the software...don't ask how because I'm not sure.  After scanning my finger over and over it finally opened up the program and then let me go ahead and register.  I probably should have registered in the first place, but wasn't sure I was going to keep them computer. 

I appreciate the additional information though.  I still have problems with it recognizing my finger for some reason.  It will keep telling me it doesn't recognize the print; then all of a sudden it says:  "Welcome".   I sometimes have to use some hand lotion for it to read.  I think my skin isn't oily enough to make a good contact. 

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 11 (6,515 Views)

You're very welcome,

Glad you were able to get it to work. I'm not sure what could help with the reading issue.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Student
Makerhp
Message 7 of 11 (4,305 Views)

I cant access
Student
zaryabkhan
Message 8 of 11 (3,471 Views)

hi i need fingerprint scanner for my laptop plz

Student
Message 9 of 11 (1,420 Views)

My hp envy m6 notebook also will not recognize my fingerprint, and since i don't remember the password the pc

remains as useful as t.ts on a boar.

Honor Student
tristania
Message 10 of 11 (14 Views)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

please can you help :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation