Top Student
Prestonode
Message 1 of 15 (27,416 Views)
Accepted Solution

hard disk short DST failed- need help new computer

HP Pavillion m6

Windows 64 bit

Failure ID- mOKS6f-65L667-XD7X1G-60V603

Hard disk short DST failed when I did the F1 start up tests...

Had this computer less then 3 weeks.. need to get this working again... what options do I have?

Brand New out of the box bought from Best Buy - end of June.

No changes were made, was online - attempted to use Google Voice, could not call out.. everything froze, did a hard re-boot- no other choice- error screen came up after I did the test..

Planning to do more of the tests to see what else is wrong. Did the HD actually fail on a new computer -  That is horrible if true. Need another one ASAP.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 15 (27,398 Views)

Re: hard disk short DST failed- need help new computer

Hi,

It certainly looks like the HDD has failed.

Most retailers offer a 30 day return and exchange policy ( you shoud be able to check the retailers policy regarding this online ) - if this is the case, I would strongly suggest you simply return the notebook and get it replaced.

If for any reason you need the notebook repaired under warranty - you can contact HP regarding this on the relevant link below.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Prestonode
Message 3 of 15 (27,396 Views)

I am in another part of the world, who do I call since I go to the county , it is all in Spanish and I am just learning spanish to get it reparied since I am not able to get back to the USA before the 30 days is up after I purchased. They can't extend the return.. 

I am in Honduras if that helps you.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 15 (27,374 Views)

Hi,

I would try contacting HP in the USA and see if they can help.

Regards,

DP-K
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
ectaatreidas
Message 5 of 15 (26,694 Views)

i have the same problem,, but i don't know the solution!

my englisg is bad,

Hard Disk Short DST : FAILED

FAILURE ID : RGD468-68669J-MFP1G-60WW03

PRODUCT ID : B3H83PA#AB4

PLEASE HELP ME?????

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 6 of 15 (26,672 Views)

Hello ectaatreidas.  I understand you're getting a hard drive failed error message.  Is this correct?

I agree with DavidPK's statement above.  This likely means the hard drive has failed and will need to be replaced.  I do suggest verifying this by using HP's built in hard drive test.  Try the steps in this document and see if it also fails the hard drive test.  If the hard drive does pass the test it would still be a good idea to back up any data you wouldn't want to lose as this is probably indicating a failure in the future.

Replacing the hard drive yourself is very easy and straighforward.  I will be happy to locate instructions for your notebook.  What is the exact model number of your notebook?  You can find it by following these instructions

If you do not feel comfortable repairing the notebook yourself you could speak with HP directly and look into a repair.  If you're in the US/Canada you can call at 1-800-474-6836.  If you're outside of that region you'll need to visit HP's Support Site and look up your region's contact information. 

I hope I have been helpful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Student
TuLinh
Message 7 of 15 (22,251 Views)

I got the same problem with my dm4 laptop, the hard disk error occured just after nearly one year purchased this product from Bestbuy, seem the Pavilion series is not as good as my expectation before taking decision of purchasing it. I spent a few weeks of checking a lots of informations of many difference laptop brand/series, finally I choiced Pavilion dm4-1265dx, and.... It made me dissappointed so much ! I am very sad with my laptop ! :smileysad:

My notebook model: dm4-1265dx / XZ298UA # ABA

HDD: TOSHIBA MK6465GSX

Failed HDD ID: 0U0KGM-5J06KT-XD6U3A-60AV03

Professor
npw05001
Message 8 of 15 (22,242 Views)

Hello TuLinh,

I see that you are having a hard drive problem on your HP computer. From the failure code that you provided it appears the hard drive is failing or has failed.

Here is a link to an HP failure code decoder. If you put the error code in the box it will give you information on the failure code.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
Barbie76134
Message 9 of 15 (17,727 Views)

How do I back up a hard drive with a DST failed error?  I want to preseerve the information.  Also how do i get the operating system back onto the drive without having to purchase a whole new operating system?

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 10 of 15 (17,645 Views)

Hello Barbie76134,

You have received a hard drive failure code and is looking to backup your data, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

At this time are you able to boot into windows?

Also what is the model of the computer that is having the issue, if you are unsure have a look at the document to help you find the information.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation