03-17-2011 06:10 PM
I got a new drive but now I need to install windows on it... I have the product key on the bottom of the laptop but where do I get the media? I had windows vista 64bit. The old drive is dead...
03-17-2011 06:16 PM
You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs from HP on the link below - I believe there is a delivery charge for this.
If you have any problem with the above link, order them directly from HP Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
03-17-2011 08:09 PM
Did you perhaps burn a Recovery Disk set when first setting up the laptop and put them away?
|******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******|
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)