Question
help find bloatware to uninstall
Replies (13)

Tutor
joangolfing
Message 11 of 14 (2,074 Views)

Re: help find bloatware to uninstall

Ok, Thanks. Can those programs be installed again if I find I need something from them later?

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 12 of 14 (2,067 Views)

I am going to answer yes to that, but to be sure, go into the recovery manager in programs and find "Software Program Reinstallation" in the left column and see exactly what is listed.

They may also be listed on the HP web site on your support page, I know the Media smart ones will be and if they are not you can get them from any model as they are designed to work on any HP machine.

If you are looking to make the laptop boot up faster then type "msconfig"  (with out the quotation marks) and look for "Start Up" in the heading bar. These are the things that you can shut off to speed up the machine when you boot up. If you don't know what some of them are, mouse over them and Google to see what they are. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4332...

Intern
cham77
Message 13 of 14 (2,062 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just found the OSD to be annoying but to each his own. 

Also there is good info here:

http://www.blackviper.com/

But if you are not sure what you are doing then use caution with this info.

Student
whitepgn
Message 14 of 14 (1,284 Views)

Hi, I have my Hp Pav for a few years. Recently, my C drive is so full, I am trying to uninstall some unwanted bloatware, could you help me locate which ones that are save to uninstall? Thanks!

1.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation