Seriel no.-{Removed for privacy}

Product no.-QG478PA#ACJ

Product name-HP pavilion dv6 notebook pc

OS-windows 7 64 bit

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (617 Views)

Re: how can i convert dynamic volume to basic volume of hard disk

You should be able to convert the hdd back by deleting the extra partition you made then booting with Partition Wizard Bootable CD to convert it. Scroll down on the page to find the bootable cd iso download. Get ImgBurn to burn the iso to cd.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 6 (615 Views)

Daniel has a guide on creating extra partitions without converting hdd to dynamic..HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
Sidd77avi
Message 4 of 6 (610 Views)

i did this but there is no option activated for delete and create new partition .............so what can  i do.....

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 6 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]

You should delete the extra one in Windows Disk Management.Then boot with the Bootable CD and set hdd back to Basic from Dynamic.

The you can follow Daniel's guide HERE

Top Student
Sidd77avi
Message 6 of 6 (586 Views)

i am also did this ...everything you told me i did that ...

ok i m tell you what exactly had been done.......

i have hp pavilion dv6 with licenced copy of windows 7 homme basic...i didn't like win 7 home basic so i format this with windows 7 ultimate ..at the formating time this problem occur ""BOOT MANAGER MISSING"" than i used another bootable of win 7 ultimate that was correct than after complete installation i created new partions from windows disk managment at that this problem was ocured of dynamic partions........when i create new simple volume,all basic partitions become dynamic automatically......

after this  i delete partitions from disk managment than again  boot the system for making partition as basic with windows bootable but i can't di this means making  new partion from booting process........the option for  making  new partion  appears deactivated at booting time with correct bootable cd........

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation