how can i run my hp simplepass 2011 if it isn't loading up when i click on it?? (5853 Views)
Honor Student
jubin_sonane
Message 31 of 36 (1,458 Views)

Re: how can i run my hp simplepass 2011 if it isn't loading up when i click on it??

hey thanks for the reply.

my product number is QB365PA#ACJ

its a DV6 6119tx pavillion laptop.

i am runing on win 7 home premium 64bit.

whenever i try to open simple pass it says loading data base and then says it has stopped working.

i was able to run simple pass 2011 earlier when i bought this laptop.

later it started to crash on chrome while remembring passwords.

i dont remeber what wrong i have done.

though it still loads facebook when i swipe my enrolled finger over it.

i updated both driver and software later to the latest ones..but still the problem persist.

please help..its very useful for me!

thanks Sir!

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 32 of 36 (1,449 Views)

Re: how can i run my hp simplepass 2011 if it isn't loading up when i click on it??

Hi Jubin,

It sounds like the password database is corrupted.  You might be able to save it, but be prepared:  you may have to start over from scratch.  If you have an Export of you Webcards, you will be able to use it to restore your passwords.  (If not, you can make a backup next time when you get SimplePass working again.)

You said you updated to the latest version of SimplePass, which is currently V5.3.1.7

The Validity Sensor driver that goes with this software is Driver version V4.3.205.0

This is important.  If you did not update to these versions together, then your SimplePass will not work.  SimplePass updates are matched sets: 

Correct Driver + Correct SimplePass Version

It's OK - and can be fixed easily....

=================================================================================

Order of events is important.

Start with the simplest solution.

Try the following, in the Order Shown.

Check SimplePass after each step. 

As soon as something fixes it, stop... You are done.

1) Hard Reset

2) Reinstall the Driver

3) Reinstall the Software

====================================================================================

Hard Reset:

Sometimes all you need to do is kick the computer.  This method works for a variety of connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.

• Disconnect all external devices first.
  • Remove AC power and the battery
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reinstall only AC power for first startup ** See Note
  • Power on - Log in
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.

** Note: You can ignore the bit about leaving the battery out.  If you like, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.

====================================================================================

This is your Driver

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver sp55109 Win7-32/64bit V4.3.205.0

Install New / Replacement Validity Sensor Driver (sp*):

Anytime there is a previous version of the driver on the computer, it may need to be removed.  The “Delete” driver option removes the current driver.  Do not remove the driver unless you are sure there is a replacement available.

• Control panel > Device Manager > Biometric Devices > Validity Sensor > Uninstall > Delete
  • Reboot

• Install the ValiditySensorDriverinstallationpackage:  It will be named sp*.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder.  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

==================================================================================

If you get to this point, you are going to lose your Simplepass passwords - the database won't open, and they cannot be saved or accessed.  The only way to gain access is to create a new database.

IF you have a Webcard backup, you will be able to import it once the software is set up and hyou have enrolled you fingerprints.

This is your Software

HP SimplePass sp54680 Win7-32/64bit V5.3.1.7

Install SimplePass Software:

• Anytime there is a previous version of SimplePass on your system, you may need to remove it:  Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features > find the program and Uninstall it
  • Clean the registry (or Restart the computer).  This step is optional and recommended.

• Find the installation package of SimplePass you downloaded.  It will be named sp*.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder.  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

Export the Webcard Database:

When you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards.  In the event that you must remove the SimplePass software, your webcard backup can be used (imported) to restore your website login information.

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export     NOTE:  File will be named *.tsd

=====================================================================================

OK... Write down your passwords somewhere, so you can make sure you can get into your online accounts, and then see if you can get this SimplePass Software working again.

Start with the Hard Reset because it's easy, cheap, and there are no changes to your system... it may even set everything in order without you having to do anything else.  Otherwise, next - update the Driver.  With SimplePass, Driver is always first, then software.

Driver controls hardware

Software controls user interface

Good Luck.  Ask if you need more help...

It is my pleasure to assist.

Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
jubin_sonane
Message 33 of 36 (1,401 Views)

Thanks for that procedure!

but sorry to say now i cant even log in with finger swipe!..previously i used to!

i have done all steps as u said.

i uninstalled the driver-reboot-reinstalled

then i removed simple pass-reboot-reinstalled.

and now everything is gone, no passwords no fingerprit log in(that i understand why)

i cant access to hp simple pass..it just gets loading & then force crash.

that sensor is of no use now.

:smileysad:

HELP!!

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 34 of 36 (1,385 Views)

Rats!  I am so sorry.

I've had one other person write in (just this past week) and have this weird issue where no matter what, the fingerprinter won't re-engage.  The software is not usually this recalcitrant.  I am beginning to worry that something else is going on.

The removal of the software would, indeed, remove the password database.  But it should have cleared so you could at least start over.

OK.  We can try cleaning the registry.  I've done this on my own system lots of times without ill effects, particularly when I've had SimplePass horrors.  The registry usually takes care of itself, it does get rather "gunked" up with bits of old programs and such, but it doesn't matter most of the time.  It's possible that this time, it does matter and that cleaning out the "residue" will help kick the fingerprinter so you can reinstall that driver again.

• Remove the Validity Sensor Driver
  • Clean the Registry (See Tools List)
  • Reboot
  • Install the Driver (from the installation package you downloaded previously)

Tools List:

Registry Cleaner – CCleaner (Download the free version):

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

NOTE about using CCleaner:  IF you use the Applications cleaner tab in CCleaner (this is a separate section from the registry cleaner), be sure to check/uncheck the program list or CCleaner might remove things you may want to keep.

NOTES on Registry Cleaners:

Registry cleaners will usually do no harm – however, anytime you affect the registry with changes, you risk your system’s stability.  CCleaner does include the offer to make a backup of your registry prior to making any changes.

If you select to download and install another registry cleaner, please uninstall CCleaner.  One of these things on the system at a time is enough…

If a registry Cleaner does not offer to do a backup prior to making changes: be sure you EXPORT the registry manually PRIOR to using the cleaner.  If anything happens that you don’t expect, you will have an extra layer of protection on which to fall back.

IMO: Stay away from Registry Mechanic.  I have had this on my systems – it has been cleansed, removed, deleted, and dropped in the Zeros bucket.  This is a Personal Opinion.

==========================================================================

Jubin,  I admit that I'm reaching a bit here - it is NOT unusual to have to hit that driver twice.  It is a bit unusual to have removed the software, reinstalled it and STILL have it refuse to open.  I might be missing something new here - I will check.

Let me know...

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Shahar_BL
Message 35 of 36 (860 Views)

Hi , 

I've checked that my biometric device driver is updated ( I tried to update it ) , i removed and reinstall the hp simple pass 2012 - i got a wierd error mesage ( which desapearred after one second) - the program was installed , i can save passwords , but i can't load or change the data base . what can i do ? 

my computer is pavilion dv7-6163us . 

please help ....

thank you shahar 

Honor Student
Al_Sandoval
Message 36 of 36 (79 Views)

Hello Dragon Fur,

Excuse my just jumping in, but I'm having a weird problem too. I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 and had a problem with my finger scanner not working. I finally worked it out and didn't have any problems for a long time. I think that problem happened about 8 months ago. My problem now is, after reloading the software, when going through the setup, it asks if you found your scanner. I answered yes, then it asks for my Windows password. Next, I have to choose a finger to scan. After left clicking on one of the fingers, the screen goes straight to, "you seem to be having a problem, would you like to try again?". I never get to scan a finger because of this. I have verified your info on the compatability of the driver to software set.

SimplePass 2012    V5.3.1.7

Validity Sensor         4.3.205.0

I've double checked this and still have the same problem. Please advise.

Al

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation