10-18-2011 04:51 PM
Try the following to first revert back to IE8 as follows.
Open window Control Panel, open Windows Updates, click View update history, click 'To remove an update, see Installed Updates'. Let the list populate. Scroll down the list to the Heading Microsoft Windows, under this you will find the entry for 'Windows Internet Explorer 9' - right click this entry and select Uninstall. When this process has completed, you will need to restart the notebook to complete the reversion to IE8.
When windows has fully reloaded, open Control Panel, open Windows Updates and click the Check for Updates link in the left pane - you should now find IE9 offerred again as an available update so just apply this. You'll need to restart again after the update has been applied.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)