Question

Honor Student
Angelwings324
Message 1 of 12 (11,686 Views)

how do I fix - 'BTTray error: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service'

I get this error box up when i start up my laptop, Bluetooth starts up but I cannot link /send anything through the connection.

It started a month ago ( around 5 April after an update) but I have not been able to find out how to fix it.  I previously used an earlier restore point but after updates the error returned.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Pavillian dv7 laptop

Thanks

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 12 (11,679 Views)

Re: how do I fix - 'BTTray error: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service'

Please reinstall driver for Bluetooth module and this problem will be solved. For the procedure to install the driver, refer the section "Reinstall specific drivers or applications" in the following weblink:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01895783&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us#InstallDriversAppli...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Angelwings324
Message 3 of 12 (11,673 Views)

I tried what you suggested and selected 'Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth' (the only bluetooth option, but it didn't work. after system reboot the same error message came up.

DD1 Honor Student
Honor Student
DD1
Message 4 of 12 (11,267 Views)

HP has no idea how to fix this error. I have been given zero support from all the "great" tools loaded as "bloatware" on my Pavilion DM4 1160us. Next laptop will be back to DELL!!!!

Student
dadburnit
Message 5 of 12 (10,819 Views)

The displayed link is no longer valid.

Student
HLPAYNE
Message 6 of 12 (10,367 Views)

I'm so glad to find this post!!  I've been having the exact same problem.  It happened after I went on line to buy hp products and then clicked on an "update" button.  I had no idea that the problem was with the HP product and have spent hours trying to figure out why my computer didn't work and why my Blue Tooth didn't work.  I've lost my USB cable and reinstalling is probably the answer.  But why should I have to reinstall in order to get an update?  Problems with hp updates has happened with me, before, too.

Honor Student
lcheckman
Message 7 of 12 (10,165 Views)

I have the same problem!

Student
boosue
Message 8 of 12 (8,925 Views)

I've checked and can't find a real solution to this problem.

Top Student
jamsheedmalik
Message 9 of 12 (8,373 Views)

[ Edited ]

SIMPLY DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

DOWNLOAD THE BROADCOM 2070 BLUETOOTH DRIVER FROM THE MANUFACTURES WEBSITE.

START THE WIRELESS SERVICES OF UR SYSTEM AND CONNECT UR SYSTEM TO BLUETOOTH DEVICE eg. USING MOBILE SUITE.

WHEN UR DEVICE GETS CONNECTED JUST INSTALL THE DOWNLOADED FILE TO PROGRAMS( X86 ) BY FIRST MAKING A NEW FOLDER eg.BROADCOMM IN THE  PROGRAMS( X86 ) <BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT BLUETOOTH CONNECTION OF UR SYSTEM IS STILL ACTIVE WITH UR DEVICE  i.e.MOBILE PHONE OR OTHER>

LET THE INSTALLATION PROCESS CONTINUE UNTILL THE BLUETOOTH IS RECONFIGURED AND THE WINDOW WILL APPEAR TO RESTART THE SYSTEM JUST CLICK YES........

THATS IT............DONE 

note: U DONT HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS DRIVER.....

IT WORKS 100%............

Honor Student
lcheckman
Message 10 of 12 (8,305 Views)

The given link to repair this, goes no where. ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation