08-03-2012 03:59 PM
Everytime I turn on my PC it says I have a problem with my cooling fan and no air is coming out of it, how do I fix this? After I use my computer for long periods of time it shuts down and I cannnot watch youtube videos without it overheating. Is it expensive to fix? Please help
08-03-2012 04:23 PM
If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have this repaired - you can check your warranty status Here.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
If you're out of warranty, my best suggestion would be to find a local computer repair shop and get an estimate for the cost of the repair.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)