how do i unlock my hp laptops keyboard (118395 Views)
Honor Student
sexyrandal99
Message 1 of 28 (118,395 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do i unlock my hp laptops keyboard

how do i unlock my mothers hp laptop keyboard. ive looked all over the net and the answers i get is to push fn button and an f# button at teh same time but she does not have and f# button.  please help me.   thank you

Grad Student
icp_wolverine
Message 2 of 28 (118,377 Views)

Re: how do i unlock my hp laptops keyboard

i dont think its locked up you just need a password to log in.. my laptop as an fn key as well and i use it to lock my laptop but i just type my password to log back in.. i did find a page that says if your keyboard wont function is to turn unit off, take the battery out and leave out for a minute then put battery back in then reboot the machine,.... try that
Honor Student
sexyrandal99
Message 3 of 28 (118,374 Views)

well she has just informed me that she is trying a system restore and if that dont worki she said that the computer would let her log in and then when she would go to use any program such as office or theinternet that the keyboard would be magically work and that the keyboard she pulls up on her screen with her mouse would work but nothing as far as the actuall keyboard working. we are going to try the above suggestion next and if you have any more suggestions or ideas please let me know... thank you

Honor Student
sexyrandal99
Message 4 of 28 (118,371 Views)

the above suggestion worked that you gave me and thank you very much your help was greatly appreciated
Honor Student
subaloo
Message 5 of 28 (102,879 Views)

This did not activate my keyboard. Why not fix the actual problem instead of giving us a bunch of "try this" items.

Student
whiteshadowss
Message 6 of 28 (94,061 Views)

Taken from ehow. It works for me. Hope this help =)))

• Click on the Control Panel.
  • Go into the "Accessibility" options.

• Open the tab labeled "Keyboard".

• Make sure none of the boxes have a check in them. If the laptop has Microsoft Vista as the operating system, go to the "Ease of Access" option and go to "Change how your keyboard works." (Mine says "make the keyboard easier to use)  Make sure none of the boxes in that section are checked.

• Click the "Save" button.

• Exit the Control Panel and begin typing to see if the keyboard is now working.

Read more: How to Unlock a Keyboard on an HP Laptop | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5565313_unlock-keyboard-hp-laptop.html#ixzz2EdKkI76G

Student
Robren
Message 7 of 28 (88,995 Views)

Removing the battery for 5 minutes and reinstalling it made my keyboard work again as well as the touchpad. Thanks!
Student
katuka
Message 8 of 28 (61,855 Views)

my laptop when i switch it on it starts and it stucks at first page and keyboard also stops working pliz help me.
Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 9 of 28 (59,820 Views)

Hello @Katuka,

When your computer boots it gets stuck on the first page and the keyboard doesn’t work, is that correct? I will be try to assist you with this issue.

Can you please provide the model of the computer you have, If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
I work for HP.
Student
croeb0953
Message 10 of 28 (53,610 Views)

how do i unlock my hp pavilion  g7 keyboard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation