05-09-2012 11:41 AM
Sorry, but Windows 7 operating system is not supported on your notebook.
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
2015 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
05-09-2012 11:52 AM
Please read this general W7 upgrade guide and also use the Vista drivers for any device you need from your notebook's support and driver page second link below.
You should be able to run W7 on your notebook since it can run Vista.
05-09-2012 12:00 PM
Please read my post (and Eric's post) above.
HP does not support your notebook with Windows 7 drivers, but you can get it to work using drivers by running windows update and by using the Vista drivers.
05-09-2012 12:15 PM
at present i'm having win xp sp2 pro,
does installing win 7 pro first, then installing vista drivers should solve my problem for win 7drivers
05-09-2012 01:17 PM
Here is what I would do.
First take an inventory in you device manager and write down the names/model # of the hardware (graphics adapter, wired/wireless network adapter, etc).
Install W7. Then if you can connect to the internet, launch the windows update program. Let it install the any drivers it may have.
Then for any drivers that are still needed, install the Vista drivers for the hardware that needs drivers.
If you can't connect to the internet install the vista driver for the network adapter, then run the windows update program.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)