how to access function keys without having to press fn key on Pavilion g6 series (6209 Views)
Honor Student
rnezami
Message 1 of 2 (6,209 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to access function keys without having to press fn key on Pavilion g6 series

Hi,

I just bought a Pavilion g6 and it is all good, except one big problem. For function keys I have to press fn key first!! THis is horrible!! please fix it. It should be easy to fix. THis should have been configurable. Come on, please don't play with function keys. We need them for programming and many other productivity software where these function keys are regularly pressed. I am hoping there might be some obscure setting I can you to reverse this relation, I mean I press fn key only if I need to access the alternate functionality HP has put on the function keys, not the other way around.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (6,187 Views)

Re: how to access function keys without having to press fn key on Pavilion g6 series

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start up to access the Bios Menu and make the change described in the document on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02035108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation