Question

Tutor
AkosMaroy
Message 1 of 3 (4,119 Views)

how to boot from the SD card on an HP Envy 15?

In my quest to install Ubuntu on my HP Envy 15, and with not being able to do so via the external DVD drive, I created a bootable install memory card on the SD card provided by HP. All is fine, except - in the boot menu, I can't have the SD card as a boot device.

How can one boot from the built-in SD card on the HP Envy 15?

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (4,105 Views)

Re: how to boot from the SD card on an HP Envy 15?

I don't think you can boot from the sd card on envy, you might need to make a bootable usb flash.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Tutor
AkosMaroy
Message 3 of 3 (4,104 Views)

Re: how to boot from the SD card on an HP Envy 15?

CharlesHP wrote:

I don't think you can boot from the sd card on envy, you might need to make a bootable usb flash.

yes, this is what I found to be the case. what was even more challenging, is that the Ubuntu 9.10 installer, after booting form the USB flash drive or the external DVD, could not actually find the install image on the same medium. but, if it was there on the SD card as well, it could find & install this way: boot from the USB drive & install from the SD card.

strange setup...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation