Question

Tutor
jamboy16
Message 1 of 11 (26,805 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to change language in laptop to English version? in hp dv2500?

i have hp pavilion dv2500 but it purchase in spain. and the language in my laptop is espanol?how can i change it to english language? pls help thanks a lot
Posted from Facebook
Tutor
jamboy16
Message 2 of 11 (26,792 Views)

Re: how to change language in laptop to English version? in hp dv2500?

via vista home premium
Posted from Facebook
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 11 (26,778 Views)

1.Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

2.Click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update, and then wait while Windowslooks for the latest updates for your computer.

3.If any updates are found, click Optional updates are available

4.Under Windows Vista Ultimate Language Packs, select only the language pack that you want (installing all of them might take up too much space on your drive.

5.follow the instructions and go to the Windows Update site to download the English display language. The language pack should be available in the optional downloads.

Source: Microsoft Install Language Packs

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
jamboy16
Message 4 of 11 (26,763 Views)

thanks a lot ill will try now. but in can i change the language in to english in the start menu?
Posted from Facebook
Tutor
jamboy16
Message 5 of 11 (26,762 Views)

Can i change the Display language in to English when i'am finish to update?
Posted from Facebook
Provost
erico
Message 6 of 11 (26,758 Views)

Of course. As long as your notebook has a qualifying version of Windows it is an option. It would have been convenient if you had stated which version of Windows is installed in the notebook.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Intern
Intern
mG_
Message 7 of 11 (26,750 Views)

You cannot change your os language if it's not Ultimate or Enterprise. Operating systems that comes with HP products includes 2 different language packs. If you wanna change it into english, you need to perform a system recovery and you'll see the the language selection. If that does not work, try creating recovery dvd and do a restore to original settings which will erase all the files and partitions you've ever created.

I feel like asking for thumbs up after I tell you to mark my post as Kudos if it solves your problem.
Provost
erico
Message 8 of 11 (26,746 Views)

[ Edited ]

mG_ wrote:

You cannot change your os language if it's not Ultimate or Enterprise. Operating systems that comes with HP products includes 2 different language packs. If you wanna change it into english, you need to perform a system recovery and you'll see the the language selection. If that does not work, try creating recovery dvd and do a restore to original settings which will erase all the files and partitions you've ever created.

Sorry, but that is not quite accurate. Research it a bit further.

The commonly delivered configuration for the notebook in question was Windows Vista Home Premium. That version of Windows does indeed qualify for display language changes with either the LIPS or MUI packs.

The orginal author never did state which operating system was installed.

Best regards,

erico

Tutor
jamboy16
Message 9 of 11 (26,532 Views)

hi sir i try to update but it doesnt work. the langauage setting is in spanish
Posted from Facebook
Intern
Intern
mG_
Message 10 of 11 (25,846 Views)

Hello Erico,

According to the MS articles, installing a LIP on any kind of Windows version depends on what language pack you're installing. For example, you have to obtain an ultimate or enterprise version of Win7 in order to install LIPs. I've found it on a Turkish KB, it'd be useless to share the link on here. 

FYI.

I feel like asking for thumbs up after I tell you to mark my post as Kudos if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation