03-20-2012 07:27 PM
It is getting harder to downgrade as hardware gets newer and XP gets older (with very few drivers needed for the hardware).
No one can even begin to tell you where to start, or if it is possible, without knowing full model and P/N as listed on the service tag attached to bottom of laptop. There are 2 sticky threads at top of this forum about downgarding to XP_but they are older posts and for older models_but should give you an idea of what you are up against.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)