how to download hp simplepass 2013 software for Windows 8 -64 bit (48447 Views)
Tutor
HpRamesh
Message 1 of 13 (48,447 Views)

how to download hp simplepass 2013 software for Windows 8 -64 bit

Hi Team,

i am unable to find download link for Sinplepass 2013 or lastest media.

please let me know latest media location.

my Laptop details:

Model : HP Pavilion dv6-6154tx

Thanks

Ramesh

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 13 (48,430 Views)

Re: how to download hp simplepass 2013 software for Windows 8 -64 bit

I am not aware of HP Simplepass 2013 launch but there is the latest version of HP Simplepass 2011 Version:6.0.100.272 released in April - 2013:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61399.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Top Student
Aalyun
Message 3 of 13 (41,390 Views)

Mam..!

you are Hp employ, I want some information from you that my hp simplepass is not working.
please give me suggestion that how i get my simplepass back..

Regards..

Student
tawfeek
Message 4 of 13 (40,889 Views)

مرحب  اعاني من مشكله في برنامج

Simplepass

لا استطيع ان اشغل الخاصيه بالباسورد اريد برنامج افضل

انا استخدم منتجات hp
الاصليه مع وندوز 8 الاصلي

ارجو ارسال برنامج افضل لانه البرنامج الي عندي عطبان

Student
Dehlvi
Message 5 of 13 (33,584 Views)

hi

it is same question from me as i have simplepass software from window 8 deleted erroneously from computer

HP
Lil_Lisa27
Message 6 of 13 (32,618 Views)

Hi Dehlvi,

I understand that you are having an issue with the SimplePass software being deleted from your computer. I would like to be able to assist you with this, but first I would need to know what the model number of your computer is. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number'.

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
elderp
Message 7 of 13 (30,125 Views)

Hi Lil_Lisa27,

I have a HP ProBook 4530s.

I had given up on my biometric sensor when I migrated to Windows 8. I bought my computer a few weeks before the Windows 8 release and another few weeks later from the release, I bougth a Windows 8 Pro upgrade. First the installer aked to uninstall the Validity Sensor Software and I did. Later in Windows I installed it again. Following the wizard for the finger registration and then restart, I crashed with a terrible error being it that it "looped" triyng to login. I had to boot in Safe Mode, activate de Windows Installer service to uninstall it and login again.

Today I upgraded to 8.1 and hopping that there were options to use the biometric sensor again, I looked again and then I found that using the HP SimplePass software could work and looking for the latest version of this software, I found this thread. I will try it to see what happens.

I would like to have an official solution to this problem. It is a common bad practice from HP (and probably most of companies) that the support to a little percentage of the current customers is left behind because what HP wants is to find new customers and not to care for the current ones. It is a bad joke (if it were at least) that this model came within the time there were “beta” versions for the Windows 8 and now one of the very functions supposed to be useful for the “business”, do not work anymore.

Thank you.

Elder

Top Student
Aalyun
Message 8 of 13 (30,051 Views)

Please let me know which version of simple pass you are using ?

If you try this,

please download this version of SimplePass.

Version 6.0.100.252
Driver Version - 4.4.234.0

I think this will resolve your problem..

Thanks..

Honor Student
elderp
Message 9 of 13 (29,569 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I downloaded the version described in this thread being it 6.0.100.272
After installing it, I could not figure out how to use it and I did not found where to register the fingers or anything. Without researching or looking more for it, I just uninstalled it and searched for another alternative.
Finally, I found another thread where they were pointing the problem with HP ProtectTools and Windows 8.1, the very problem I have. Reading through it, I found that the ProtectTools for the EliteBook 8570p is compatible with Windows 8.1 when there is not ProtectTools for the Windows 8 section of my ProBook 4530s.

Finally I downloaded the HP ProtectTools for the EliteBook latest drivers (8.0.3.1345 as of today Nov 4th, 2013) and at last, I have my biometric security enabled again.

It is a pain that HP having the software, does not update the sites for all the models it is compatible.

So for anyone having the same isues with a ProBook 4530s, mine is working fine now. It is probably true for all the models having a Validity Sensor.

Regards,

Elder

Honor Student
yamy1414
Message 10 of 13 (18,541 Views)

hi I recently got my laptop from school and they installed the windows on it but it was corrupted so i went to an it techician and then he said we need to format the hard disk and re install windows 8.1 so i said ok but he said that it will erase all the hp drivers and i will have to install them again but i couldn't find anything but the HP client security and i loved the finger print scanner but now the driver is missing so can you please put a link to download the fingerprint reader driver along with some other links of drivers which came instaled in my HP ProBook 4540s

best regards and thanks you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation