06-24-2011 06:11 PM
I think the recovery Image on the hard drive is corrupt, order a set of Recovery Discs.
You can order recovery media here
02-21-2013 09:00 PM
I tried to restore factory settings from my hard disk and from the 4 CD's I made when I got the machine in may of 2011. Both run a while then say that it cannot restore the factory settings. I tried both the full set and the limited setup - both give the same results.
I get error code oxeoef0003 from both the CD's and the restore partition of the hard drive.
my machine is a compaq laptop model cq56-129nr
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)